Solid Sound Roll Call

Could everybody who will be in attendance at SSF5 please give a quick holler? Some of you I already know, but do me a favor and announce yourself anyway. I can't wait to see everybody!!!

Sometimes it hits me that as good as the music, the art, the locale and the food and drink can be, still, my very absolute favorite part of the SSF experience is gathering together in one happy spot with a ton of wonderful friends, and meeting a ton of wonderful new friends. With every SSF, the experience grows exponentially.

Sing out if you're coming! Please don't be shy, even if you're new!

I'll start....KIDSMOKE (Donna) will be there with light-up shoes and beef jerky enough to share!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there (Tom) and I am bringing my friends as well - 14 of them, I think. All but three are Solid Sound first-timers. They (and we) are in for a treat. Also bringing one of my children (all four have been to at least one SS).

School ends on Wednesday, so the timing is perfect for my daughter and me. Thankfully, mother nature was kind, giving us only 6 snow days (a seventh would have impacted our Thursday departure from the great state of Maine, an eighth would have been unthinkable - First World problems, I know). I love getting into the region the day before the festival begins.

So overjoyed at the prospect of SS5.

Diane here, all packed and ready to go. I can barely contain my excitement!

For those of you who bought the "We're all in this together...." t-shirts, remember that there will be a group photo on Saturday morning at 10:30 under the WILCO sign in the grassy area. We tried to schedule this at a time when no other activities were going on, so I hope to meet many of you face to face there.

There will also be a big banner with a bubble theme for any VC or Facebook members to sign. We know the banner will be at the photo shoot but I'm not sure where else you will find it during the festival. Just be on the lookout for it and add your name. We plan to give it to the band at the end of the weekend.

Onward to North Adams!

My wife and I are coming up from Raleigh on Friday morning. Flying into Boston and then driving the three (?) hours! Can't wait.

If you are going straight from Boston to North Adams, you will drive down Route 2, the Mohawk Trail - a lovely road once you get into central Massachusetts.

Heading to Boston from Texas Thursday, where we'll hang around long enough to see Evan Dando and Jason Loewenstein at Once in Somerville before heading west. It will be the third Solid Sound for my sister and I and needless to say we can wait.

Kristofor

I'll be making my 4th Solid Sound. I was also at the 2012 benefit show. I need to skip out on Sunday's performances to travel across the state to make it for U2 @ Gillette Stadium on Sunday evening. I'm counting my blessings that I have Monday & Tuesday off to recover. I'm looking forward to the Route 2 drive and running into some familiar faces. I will also be at the Thompson's Point show in Maine next month.

Hey all, it would be great if you can include your real-life names as well. And everyone is invited to look for me, brunette with glasses, bright red backpack with a big Fuck Trump button....if you find me and introduce yourself, I will feed you homemade beef jerky and spiced nuts. Deal?

Hey! I remember reading this, it was great! (We really need a like button sometimes!)

You already know Allison and myself will be there for our first year of wilco world SS grad school.  :rock  Freshman through Senor 2015 were a blast in the Wilco higher learning campus of MasMoca.

Can't wait to see you all again. But it's sad to think this time next week we will all be in anticipation of hopefully the next one in 2019.  But no one is guaranteed tomorrow. You never know when it will be the last.  :heartbroken​  

Heading to Boston from Texas Thursday, where we'll hang around long enough to see Evan Dando and Jason Loewenstein at Once in Somerville before heading west. It will be the third Solid Sound for my sister and I and needless to say we can wait.

nice!

i am bummed i am missing Jason's show as well. i've never seen him solo and he's got some good songs.

nice!

i am bummed i am missing Jason's show as well. i've never seen him solo and he's got some good songs.

I just got lucky on that one as I'd booked my airfare months ago. I'm a big Dando fan so this should be well worth the exhaustion of driving to Williamstown after the show.