Solid Sound Roll Call

Howdy. James here. Third SS and I'm so ready! Second Wilco show this summer (saw them last in VA not 2 weeks ago and need more!) I cannot wait to be surrounded by so much amazing music, musicians, art, and Wilco fans! From Texas originally but looking forward to hopefully meet f more VC people as this is the first time I've been after joining.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm John, I've been to all the Solid Sounds and the Benefit show in 2012. I'm bringing my wife, her two kids and my three. I'm also seriously considering not taping this year, this way we can just come and go as we please. I'm totally pumped.

Diane here, all packed and ready to go. I can barely contain my excitement!

For those of you who bought the "We're all in this together...." t-shirts, remember that there will be a group photo on Saturday morning at 10:30 under the WILCO sign in the grassy area. We tried to schedule this at a time when no other activities were going on, so I hope to meet many of you face to face there.

There will also be a big banner with a bubble theme for any VC or Facebook members to sign. We know the banner will be at the photo shoot but I'm not sure where else you will find it during the festival. Just be on the lookout for it and add your name. We plan to give it to the band at the end of the weekend.

Onward to North Adams!

in one of those strange twists of life, i went to a very small show last night in Cambridge, at Zuzu (Feral Ohms and Major Stars, in case anyone was curious)... there were probably 40 people there if that? 

one of those people was Henry Owings, the creator of the "We're All In This Together" design, who was up from Atlanta. I told him about the SSF shirt movement, and he was psyched and said those shirt sales have raised a lot of money for charity.

rock on.

This is what I call the anticipatory post-concert blues.

I always get them this time of the week leading up to SS! For me, the time during the weekend of every solid sound so far, has been the fastest bi-yearly clock movement i experience in my life! I'm just trying to jinx it so it will go slower this year.  :twitchsmile

Heading to Boston from Texas Thursday, where we'll hang around long enough to see Evan Dando and Jason Loewenstein at Once in Somerville before heading west. It will be the third Solid Sound for my sister and I and needless to say we can wait.

Guilty of failure to identify-I'm Barbara.

Hi Barbara, Bill, and all the rest of you! This is going to be the finest Solid Sound yet, so those of you who are first-timers, YOWZA, you are in for such a treat!!! :yes With the way the world's been working lately (I should say, HASN'T been working) I think we are all in need of this island of pure joy to which we are traveling! In such seriously conflicted times, the opportunities to feel that "all is right with the world" come few and far between.

I always leave Solid Sound with more than a bellyful of great food, great music, dazzling art, and the exhilaration of being with so many treasured friends....I always leave with huge optimism and hope because SSF's remind me, intensely, of how great life can be, and how wonderful mankind can be. This year, I think that feeling will be so intensified by our socio-political environment. I think we are going to really appreciate how priceless this event is. My hope is that we all leave having reconnected with optimism and our very best selves, so that we are energized for the work that lies ahead. Somehow, SSF matters even more right now.

Am I asking too much of a simple festival? You first-timers may think so but I'll bet former attendees know just what I'm (clumsily) talking about! Like the shirt says, "We're all in this together (Except Trump. He's a dick.)"

What a great story about the shirt, Tim!

Let's all have a joyous time! Please introduce yourselves! And travel safe, everybody. :wub

I hadn't planned a VC meeting table this year, but maybe we can meet and grab a table on the deck above Courtyard C. 

This sounds good, Donna. I suppose I'll you there about 4:30 Friday afternoon for starters..

Hi all, I'm Joe and I'll be attending with my cousin Jim. We'll arrive from Chicago early Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting old friends and new. 

In 2015, I was looking forward to seeing the Van Gogh exhibit at The Clark Art Institute on the way out of town, the Monday after SSF. But the The Clark is closed on Mondays until July. This baffles me with the certain surge of tourists that SSF offers.

I have a decent chance of making it to The Clark this year for the current Picasso exhibit on Thursday although the museum closes at 5pm. Otherwise, onward to North Adams!

Woot! 

I have a decent chance of making it to The Clark this year for the current Picasso exhibit on Thursday although the museum closes at 5pm.

Joe, if all goes according to plan (and when does it ever, really?) Sandy and I are planning to go over to the Clark for a couple of hours on Thursday, then head over to Mass MoCA to check out the exhibits before closing time. Let's stay in touch.

one of those people was Henry Owings, the creator of the "We're All In This Together" design, who was up from Atlanta. I told him about the SSF shirt movement, and he was psyched and said those shirt sales have raised a lot of money for charity.

That is so cool to know you met Henry! He has seemed like a really good guy from my few interactions with him while we were putting this t-shirt thing together. I'm glad it has worked out to benefit the fight against the anti-immigration movement.

Joe, if all goes according to plan (and when does it ever, really?) Sandy and I are planning to go over to the Clark for a couple of hours on Thursday, then head over to Mass MoCA to check out the exhibits before closing time. Let's stay in touch.

Sounds like a great idea, Diane. I'll give you a shout as soon as I land in Albany.  Appx 12:45pm.

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm finally going to one of these after a lack of conflicts.  My name is Leon.  Hope to meet some VCers.  Please say hi, because in real life, I'm too fracking shy.

Lovely weather so far in the Berkshires:

Great day yesterday:

Breakfast at Renee's Diner: raisin bread French toast with sausage (cash only, kids!)

3 hour Ramblewild Adriel adventure: unbelievably fun, challenging, and exhausting

Late lunch at Jacks Hot Dog Stand

Campfire s'mores sugar cone at the Triple Scoop.

Valley Jump tour zip lining today and a hike through the Natural Bridge park.

It's good to be "home"!!!!

I'll be there, for the 3rd time (maybe 4th? i can't even remember). I'll be wearing my Denton Rugby shirt on Saturday in case I bump into Rick Smith again. 

First SS with the wife and child. He's ready to rock. 

Leigh here. My husband (Dan) and I are coming from Baltimore for our 5th Solid Sound. We used to live in CT, but don't mind the extra drive. We are bring our 15 Y. O. son and a friend, so nobody offer him any weed, k? You can go ahead and offer it to me though, I might need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just about to leave boston with our crew! 4th time for my wife, son and i, 3rd for my daughter (we missed 2011 because she was only a week old). hope to finally meet some of you in person- please say hi if you see us. my name's isaac. we plan on being there for the group t-shirt photo tomorrow morning- we'll have our kids and i'll most likely be wearing a sox or celtics cap, though those new solid sound hats look pretty sweet. :) see you all there!