Wilco - June 23 Solid Sound Night 1

So Wilco played Being There as the main set & did an encore with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot! Best Solid Sound set yet, in my opinion. I don't think anyone expected this going into tonight.....which is only night 1! Lol.

9:15

Misunderstood

Far Far Away

Monday

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Forget The Flowers

Red-Eyed & Blue

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

What's The World Got In Store?

Hotel Arizona

Say You Miss Me

9:55

Sunken Treasure

Someday Soon

Outta Mind (Outta Sight)

Someone Else's Song

Kingpin

Was I In Your Dreams

Why Would You Wanna Live

The Lonely 1

Dreamer In My Dreams

10:35

10:38

I Am Trying To Break Heart

Kamera

Radio Cure

War On War

Jesus, Etc.

Ashes Of American Flags

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Pot Kettle Black

Poor Places

Reservations

11:26

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that was something.

it'll sure be interesting to see what kind of set they throw together for us tomorrow, now that so many staples have been played...

also, special thanks to mother nature for holding off on any major rainfall until after the show. sounds like we might have a damp morning, but the forecast from midday on looks beautiful. ☀️

So Wilco played Being There as the main set & did an encore with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot! Best Solid Sound set yet, in my opinion. I don't think anyone expected this going into tonight.....which is only night 1! Lol.

9:15

Misunderstood

Far Far Away

Monday

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Forget The Flowers

Red-Eyed & Blue

I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

What's The World Got In Store?

Hotel Arizona

Say You Miss Me

9:55

Sunken Treasure

Someday Soon

Outta Mind (Outta Sight)

Someone Else's Song

Was I In Your Dreams

The Lonely 1

Dreamer In My Dreams

10:35

You're missing a couple songs off your Being There list, FYI — Kingpin and Why Would You Wanna Live. Also the percussion assistance by Nick Offerman (sleigh bells) and Spencer Tweedy (tambourine) on Outta Mind (Outta Sight).

Interesting, to me anyway, that they stuck very closely to the album arrangements for Being There. When you've heard a lot of those songs over the years and how they've evolved live, it was a little strange to go back to hearing them played as they were recorded. I think it worked in some instances (Misunderstood), while I missed some of the parts and flourishes in others (Kingpin, Forget The Flowers). Anyway...still a very rewarding and surprising show. :shifty

In retrospect, playing YHF made perfect sense since the band plays most of those songs regularly anyway. I wonder if Summerteeth, for instance, had finished second in the album voting if they would done the same. Something tells me not, but I guess we'll never know! B)

I had no idea Offerman and Spencer were out there. Thx for the reporting (as always). I loved hearing the album versions of each of the BT tunes. I listen to that album so often over the years, it was such a different band, I really got a kick hearing how true to the original versions they played.

Just what a freaking night on Joe's Field

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're missing a couple songs off your Being There list, FYI — Kingpin and Why Would You Wanna Live. Also the percussion assistance by Nick Offerman (sleigh bells) and Spencer Tweedy (tambourine) on Outta Mind (Outta Sight).

B)

Oops! Yes, you're absolutely right. I should have double checked my list while at Village Pizza up the street. Nice place at 51 Eagle St, if you want to avoid the foot traffic. Open till 3am.

How did everyone do with the muggy night? I downed 4 waters. I finally found a cool spot near the "new" restrooms at Courtyard D. Much better than the humid "dungeon" below the cafe. Nice breeze coming off of the river. I could still see the stage.

Oops! Yes, you're absolutely right. I should have double checked my list while at Village Pizza up the street. Nice place at 51 Eagle St, if you want to avoid the foot traffic. Open till 3am.

How did everyone do with the muggy night? I downed 4 waters. I finally found a cool spot near the "new" restrooms at Courtyard D. Much better than the humid "dungeon" below the cafe. Nice breeze coming off of the river. I could still see the stage.

We didn't get rained on! I was without any water (didn't want to leave Joe's Field), and so dry I could not get words out of my mouth. My bad, that won't happen tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Breath bated for banter ...

Don't bate for too long! Jeff didn't say anything during the show last night...first time I ever remember him saying so little. They had Offerman do a little intro, explaining that the band hired him so they could present BT in full without interruption.

Jeff did come back on stage for the YHF encore making what looked like a peace sign, but what we later figured out was for No. 2 (as in the second place finisher in the album contest?).

Wanted to add that this looked like an emotional evening for Jeff. Walking off stage after YHF either Glenn or John gave Jeff a good pat on the back and put their arm around him. Reminded me a bit of seeing Pearl Jam play Ten all the way through. Everybody (both the fans and the band) gets so used to the songs being played individually that the emotional impact of the whole album is sort of lost. Was quite moving

What a show. Said to my dad and brother right after Being There "what if they play YHF as the encore to the Being There set?" God damn.

There were a ton of tapers there just FYI. You'll have plenty of tapes I'm sure

That's great news! no lie i have been checking dimeadozen and bt.etree.org all day hoping to locate the show... no luck so far:(  Being There is hands down my favorite album and i have been on a huge 97 show kick lately

That's great news! no lie i have been checking dimeadozen and bt.etree.org all day hoping to locate the show... no luck so far:( Being There is hands down my favorite album and i have been on a huge 97 show kick lately

Sometimes it takes tapers longer than 24 hours to get a recording finalized and ready for distribution. It'll come.

also would like to add that while the arrangements were (as noted) very close to the album versions, i love the flavor nels adds to the guitar solo in hotel arizona. had the good fortune of catching it live a few times and he always shreds it.

My buddy bob100 recorded all weekend. He's here camping, so I imagine his recordings will be up on bt.etree tomorrow or early this week.

Thats great news. I figured no audio was coming out until the fest was over. im totally impatient though and have been dying to hear 6/23 and now 6/24 LOL. Major thanks to your friend for taping. I am very excited to hear it.