Wilco - June 23 Solid Sound Night 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed this show from waaay back, near the silo, and it sounded so good. There were things I missed about being up close, but I was so impressed with the sound all over. Go, Stan!

Banter: Jeff said four words on Friday night, after the BT set: "Thank you very much."

It was very interesting how close they kept the BT songs to the album arrangements. Very cool to see, though I do hope that the normal live arrangements come back for most of those as I've always thought they were stronger than the album arrangements.

Also, was very scared they were gonna do the same for YHF and that we'd miss out on an Ashes guitar solo but thankfully that didn't happen!

It was very interesting how close they kept the BT songs to the album arrangements. Very cool to see, though I do hope that the normal live arrangements come back for most of those as I've always thought they were stronger than the album arrangements.

Also, was very scared they were gonna do the same for YHF and that we'd miss out on an Ashes guitar solo but thankfully that didn't happen!

Ashes with guitar solo > Ashes on record

Perhaps he's putting extra care into making the Wilco recording sound the best it possibly can. Patience, young padawan.

Bob reports he gave a quick listen to the recording and says it smokes. He also reported his batteries died during Spiders :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

perhaps he's overwhelmed by the whole thing, and starting small......

or maybe he's thinking if he posts the Wilco sets first, noone will listen to Kurt Vile.....

or maybe he's listening to his four different sources for 6/23, and wondering which one to post.....(I'm thinking the shotguns...)

maybe he just needs a nap.

perhaps he's overwhelmed by the whole thing, and starting small......

or maybe he's thinking if he posts the Wilco sets first, noone will listen to Kurt Vile.....

or maybe he's listening to his four different sources for 6/23, and wondering which one to post.....(I'm thinking the shotguns...)

maybe he just needs a nap.

I got your Kurt Vile set too. Havent listened to it yet but am very excited to. Love him. Cant wait for the Kurt Vile/Courtney Barnett album out this fall.

I'm not saying I'm impatient. I'm just curious:

If a show is going to appear as a Roadcase how long is the usual delay? I'd love to toss some money Wilco's way for those sets. Which isn't to diminish the quality of the tapers recordings...

I've seen dozens of Wilco shows and those two were both among the very, very best. They seem to step it up a notch for Solid Sound sets. When they transitions from IATTBYH to Kamera I knew it was going to be an epic evening.