What was the best "non-Wilco" set at Solid Sound?

That's a tough one to answer, both because there were several contenders, but also because it is impossible for one person to see everything. If they were to replay the whole thing, I might have seen an entirely different (and probably equally satisfying) Solid Sound 5. For my money, Kevin Morby was one of the real stand-outs. He turned in a magnificent set, ending with a blistering one-two punch of "Dorothy" and "The Ballad of Arlo Jones". My face is still a little melted.

That's a tough one to answer, both because there were several contenders, but also because it is impossible for one person to see everything. If they were to replay the whole thing, I might have seen an entirely different (and probably equally satisfying) Solid Sound 5. For my money, Kevin Morby was one of the real stand-outs. He turned in a magnificent set, ending with a blistering one-two punch of "Dorothy" and "The Ballad of Arlo Jones". My face is still a little melted.

I think I can safely say that missing KM was the biggest "blew it" of SS for me. Didn't really get to dig in to his music before the weekend, but am now you tubing some, and it's great. Being a first time Sounder, this is exactly the kind of thing I thought could be discovered there.

There was so much great music, however, everything I saw was a highlight. Peter Wolf was indeed one of them. Kurt Vile was also great to finally catch.

Kid be grown. Miss again, never more.