Then maybe Tulsa is the anomaly. GA Pit is $45 and Reserved is $39. Either way...glad both theaters removed seats on the floor for these shows.

I think it is about two things supply & demand. They are looking at age demographics in these cities and incomes and figuring out what people are willing to pay to be close and also to sit.

I am doing the same except I am skipping Missouri.  Other 3 states are new to me too.

I'm in for Lincoln and Tulsa. Skipping KC. Wish I could do Santa Fe! We will have to do a mini VC meetup.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

day 2 of pulling absolutely nothing. I give up. it's not worth the hassle. I'm clocking in at work late for nothing. this is dumb

I am still "searching" (or churning) on Ticketmaster for the Asheville show, after refreshing immediately at 10:00 am. I am certainly not a complainer by any means, but I go to anywhere from 10-15 shows a year and can't remember the last time I had such a hassle trying to get tickets. This is ridiculous. 

Ashville show now has the map....seats are there...not great ones but decent.

That's the thing though. I'm not spending the money if it's not a good seat. I can't see shows like I used to anymore so it really has to be worth it.

I am no longer grumpy. I ended up with 3rd row for Birmingham because of crazy luck, and 4th row pit for Atlanta by magical circumstances. The staff at the Fox is super awesome. Holy cow! 

I am no longer grumpy. I ended up with 3rd row for Birmingham because of crazy luck, and 4th row pit for Atlanta by magical circumstances. The staff at the Fox is super awesome. Holy cow! 

Nice! Glad it worked out for you. Wound up pulling row F for Birmingham via today's presale. I don't think Wilcoworld had a good allotment for this gig. Looking on stubhub yesterday after the presale, there wasn't anything better than row L.

I've had good luck going to the Fox box office instead of buying online but I figured they couldn't help today since it was just a presale. Did you call them or go by the box office?

I've had good luck going to the Fox box office instead of buying online but I figured they couldn't help today since it was just a presale. Did you call them or go by the box office?

actually I reached out on social media and they gave my info to ticketing. The ticketing lady called me a little after 11 and asked if I would like 4th row pit. I said "absolutely!"

I just pulled a very nice seat for Asheville but a friend was also looking and found a slightly better seat so now I am offering this one for sale. It is center orchestra row E seat 15. I believe I can transfer it to you via Ticketmaster since I chose the eTicket option. Total including fees is just over $100. Anyone?

Got OR row E for Asheville. Super stoked. I think they're releasing in waves, but I jumped as soon as I got something decent. I'm almost positive its the same exact seat I had for my very 1st Wilco show

I've been to hundreds of shows, dozens of Wilco and NEVER seen anything like this! Asheville presale seamingly went entirely to scalpers. Did anyone here get presale? At 10:01 AM public onsale all Orchestra seats on Ticketbastard were "verified resale seat". I even saw a $3000 OC Row M at 10:03 AM HAHAHAHAHA!!! What a joke! Why don't they use wristbands or require will call with ID to stop scalpers??? My Morning Jacket did this at Thomas Wolfe last fall with no problems. I couldnt even buy a ticket for that show on craigslist because it was non-transferable. Fucking bullshit. At the very least dont use Ticketbastard that caters to the scalpers on their own website. Rant over.....

The Irving gig which is the fist Live Nation venue Wilco had played in the D/FW are is apparently now cutting out the scalpers and is in turn a scalper. You can right now buy 1st row seats in front of Cline for $295 + fees each which is not a resale seat but venue pricing. On the 10th row center you  can get seats  for $165 + fees. I think i'll stick with my 13th row center for the $70 +fees. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Margaret Glaspy (and presumably her band) will be opening at least some of the Sept/Oct dates, which is good news. Saw on Facebook that she's been added to the Memphis date.. B)

Rumor confirmed..... and for the record, her "You and I" > Wilco's "You and I".  So, yeah. 

Margaret Glaspy joins Wilco this October supporting shows in San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta and Asheville.

Tickets: wilcoworld.net/shows/

Dates below.

Oct 2 — Tobin Center for the Performing Arts— San Antonio, TX

Oct 3 — The Pavilion at Irving Music Factory — Irving, TX

Oct 5 — The Orpheum Theatre-Memphis, TN

Oct 7 — Alabama Theatre — Birmingham, AL

Oct 8 — The Fox Theatre — Atlanta, GA

Oct 9 — Thomas Wolfe Auditorium — Asheville, NC

• 2 weeks later...

I scored 2 tickets for the Asheville show in Oct., but it wasn't easily accomplished. I noticed the same problems with Ticketmaster that others have described. The OR seats were outrageously priced from the moment I logged on to the site. So, I settled for 2 face-price tickets in the upper level (Section L), which look to at least be closer to the stage than some of the others I saw that were available. I much preferred the Songkick service I utilized to purchase tickets for the Louisville show in June.

I got married in Asheville last year and loved my time in the city, so my wife and I are excited to return. A Wilco concert was more than enough incentive to schedule an impromptu visit for the Fall. I haven't been inside the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, so I was curious about others' impressions who have attended performances held inside that venue?

• 3 weeks later...

I scored 2 tickets for the Asheville show in Oct., but it wasn't easily accomplished. I noticed the same problems with Ticketmaster that others have described. The OR seats were outrageously priced from the moment I logged on to the site. So, I settled for 2 face-price tickets in the upper level (Section L), which look to at least be closer to the stage than some of the others I saw that were available. I much preferred the Songkick service I utilized to purchase tickets for the Louisville show in June.

I got married in Asheville last year and loved my time in the city, so my wife and I are excited to return. A Wilco concert was more than enough incentive to schedule an impromptu visit for the Fall. I haven't been inside the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, so I was curious about others' impressions who have attended performances held inside that venue?

I saw my first ever wilco show at Thomas Wolfe, and if you're on the extreme right side sight lines are not the greatest. We ended up closer to the aisle this time, so I am hoping to see the band a bit better this time. Last time I saw them there I had to stand on my tip toes a lot. Other than that is was a nice place to see a show, a little dated, but the sound was good.