What news from the Wilco camp?

No, I have no news. I am wondering if anyone has seen any hints on what's ahead, maybe in 2018.

We've kind of been spoiled with a record in 2015 and 2016, so it might be a while before a new Wilco record proper, but who knows?

Is the "Loft Acoustic Sessions" idea going to pick up with another release?

Is Jeff going to finish his memoir?

Will there be a new Tweedy record?

At this point, quiet on new projects for this long almost seems odd as we've been so lucky to have something new to look forward to every half a year or so for the majority of the last few years.

From the "grasping at straws" file, this was posted on the Loft's instagram account a couple days ago :

Oh dear, this early 60's Hofner Club bass plays and sounds great. Jeff has two of these... one with a pickguard and one without. I think John has two as well. This bass is being played right this second as I write this description.

May or may not even be a Wilco person playing it.  But someone (or something??) is making sounds with a musical instrument in the Loft this week...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYeM966lbAR/?taken-by=theloftchicago

From the "grasping at straws" file, this was posted on the Loft's instagram account a couple days ago :

May or may not even be a Wilco person playing it. But someone (or something??) is making sounds with a musical instrument in the Loft this week...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYeM966lbAR/?taken-by=theloftchicago

Whether it's Wilco or any of the many musicians that are recorded/produced at The Loft, I'm fairly certain there's always music being made there.

Good questions all, lost highway. I've been looking forward to hearing some updates on that memoir and I've also been hoping for a Jeff solo or Tweedy tour. But I haven't heard a word.

I have been assuming that Wilco won't be touring for a little while after this upcoming run since Glenn will be spending time with his wife and family in Europe.

And John is going on the road with Ray LaMontagne for a month.

I have been assuming that Wilco won't be touring for a little while after this upcoming run since Glenn will be spending time with his wife and family in Europe.