Where are you, Jay Bennett? - the documentary Kickstarter campaign

Ha!  I was wondering the same thing.  It so doesn't feel as if it fits Summerteeth.  

The rat's mouth is open wide. Summerteeth, and some...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose those signs are all over the city. I don't know when they started playing at the Vic Theater. But I do know there was one of those signs on a pole in the alleyway next to the theater. I have a photo of it.

Yep.

Put up 5 original Summerteeth bumperstickers on the KickStarter for Where are you, Jay Bennett?

AND...starting at 9 AM today thru to Sunday night, 5 more of the artist's proof of the End Of The Century poster. These were just delivered to me yesterday and they are gorgeous. $100 this weekend. Vintage, original Wilco poster from when we all thought the world would end.

Please keep sharing the link. Thank you!

91b605c3ea0bc94bf16b95cef6534176_origina

Flash sale for the original vintage Filmore 2000 Wilco poster. Got three of them up there for $100 each. Sale ends Monday night at midnight Pacific.

Plus put up another original Summerteeth european tour ticket. These are gorgeous!

Watch, back, share, repeat. Thank you!

I'm loving seeing the surge in interest and backers, Gorman! And you have dug out some very cool rewards! :rock  I want them all. 

C'mon folks, let's help wrap this up...7 days to go, wonderful rewards as well as a thank you to YOU in the credits...let's get this film made! You don't need to commit to vast sums, even a few dollars will help reach the kickstarter goal. Although of course vast sums would be appreciated too, from any of you who have vast sums to spare. You can get yourself some truly memorable bits of Wilco history, as well as having the satisfaction of knowing you helped to birth this baby. Go have a look at the kickstarter!

Jay wants his story told, and I for one look forward to seeing this!  :guitar The trailer left me wanting more.

We are now at 73% with 5 days to go...the campaign for Where are you, Jay Bennett? ends Monday night at 11:59 PM. We're about $6500 away from being funded. Please...if you have any interest in seeing this film made...now is the time.

Thanks Gorman for the DVD offer. Wanted to post here and say I'm looking forward to seeing this. I really hope you hit your goal to get the film made. I think kickstarter is an incredible way for people to directly support artist and get things made. I did contribute $5 (Feel Good Package) and hope others do the same. If the situation was different I would gladly contribute more. I really love Jay's album Whatever Happened I Apologize. Also want to check out your Replacements documentary and the upcoming Lydia Loveless doc. Good Luck!

Thanks Gorman for the DVD offer. Wanted to post here and say I'm looking forward to seeing this. I really hope you hit your goal to get the film made. I think kickstarter is an incredible way for people to directly support artist and get things made. I did contribute $5 (Feel Good Package) and hope others do the same. If the situation was different I would gladly contribute more. I really love Jay's album Whatever Happened I Apologize. Also want to check out your Replacements documentary and the upcoming Lydia Loveless doc. Good Luck!

Thank you!  And honestly everything helps.  If you have amazon prime, the Mats doc is streaming for free (as are my Grant Hart and Archers of Loaf).

We are at 87% with 3 days to go. We absolutely can do this. Now is the time to back and share like crazy. Please help us get this made!

And note: there is only one executive producer package left. If you want your name on the poster...

At 90% and need only $2300 to make this happen...

Added a few minute last minute goodies that were previously sold out to the rewards list: 3 more End of the Century posters, 2 more Summerteeth european tour tickets, and 1 more Filmore poster, plus we lowered the price to one of my favorite rewards, the original stage plots.

You've got until Monday night!

Thank you to everyone who is helping to make this happen!

Just added as a reward...

This is about as rare as it gets...a Courtesy Move 45 of the song "California." This is the band formed by Jay, John Stirratt, and Ken Coomer (when Jeff was working with Golden Smog).

We have three copies!

We did it!  We're at 110% and we still have 14 hours to go for anyone still interested in one of our great rewards.  Thank you to everyone who's come on board with this project.  We could not be doing it with you.

Well done!! Can't wait to see it all come together!!

We did it! We're at 110% and we still have 14 hours to go for anyone still interested in one of our great rewards. Thank you to everyone who's come on board with this project. We could not be doing it with you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gormanbechard/where-are-you-jay-bennett?ref=discovery

Great news, Gorman. Thank you for your tenacity and passion!

Well last week I thought for sure this film wouldn't get funded, glad to be wrong. I'm happy that Jay will get immortalized in film... no pressure Gorman!!