• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to Mark Schlereth tout football as a sport that is a lot more than CTE and wonder why other sports (he referenced soccer and tennis) don't do studies about athletes and depression and drug and alcohol abuse as related to CTE. He unabashedly  states that he feels football is being "picked on" in this manner.

I listen to this dude most mornings on my drive to work and felt the need to text in this morning. He cited Aaron Hernandez as a bad example and called him a piece of shit as a human and stated that the majority of guys who play in the NFL are good people, etc. He missed the mark, imo, in that the sport is known to increase brain injury. Period. Like, 99 or 100% of NFL players' brains that have been studied? 

Patriots should be ranked number 0.5, better than #1, too, because they have the potential to be good. 

Lions are #1. They're the only undefeated team in the NFL and are the only team with both a perfect record at home and on the road and are the only team to have won on Monday night and are the only team with no losses and are the only team to be leading their division and are the only team with touchdowns and are the only team with QB sacks and are the only team to call timeouts and are the only team to make every FG attempt. 

Lions are #1. They're the only undefeated team in the NFL and are the only team with both a perfect record at home and on the road and are the only team to have won on Monday night and are the only team with no losses and are the only team to be leading their division and are the only team with touchdowns and are the only team with QB sacks and are the only team to call timeouts and are the only team to make every FG attempt. 

Still not as good as the Patriots, though.

My Vikings have 2 top flight QBs with fucked up knees and are in a great position to sign Kaepernick to lead them until Bridgewater can come back. Think they will?? I'm not holding my breath. It's more acceptable in America in 2017 to scar your 4-year-old son's thighs and scrotum with a switch than to sit out the national anthem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Vikings have 2 top flight QBs with fucked up knees and are in a great position to sign Kaepernick to lead them until Bridgewater can come back. Think they will?? I'm not holding my breath. It's more acceptable in America in 2017 to scar your 4-year-old son's thighs and scrotum with a switch than to sit out the national anthem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was disappointed that the Seahawks didn't sign him to be backup. They had the chance. We'll just hope Wilson lives through the O line this year.

Cohens run at the end was amazing. Too bad it was called back.

I was surprised that the Bears were able to run on

Pitt. Especially since Pitt, knows that Glennon sucks. They could have loaded up the box to prevent the run and applied pressure to glennon. Glennon has almost no ability as a QB once he leaves the pocket. Glad they won though.

Cohens run at the end was amazing. Too bad it was called back.

I was surprised that the Bears were able to run on

Pitt. Especially since Pitt, knows that Glennon sucks. They could have loaded up the box to prevent the run and applied pressure to glennon. Glennon has almost no ability as a QB once he leaves the pocket. Glad they won though.

Yeah - I thought Cohens stayed in - it was close. I rarely watch football anymore - but that great/dumb play to end the 1st half and end of the game - made it an entertaining game - (though I had the Cubs game on for the most part watching Quintana pitch a great game)

As someone said, US football is an hour of action packed into 5 hours.

Even that is being generous. I've heard/read that the average time of actual "game action" is somewhere around 12 minutes per game. Most of the time that the clock is running down, nothing is happening. And the rest of the time is commercials.