Wilco - 22 September 2017, Lincoln, NE (Pinewood Bowl Thester)

Opening night setlist

Via Chicago

If I Ever Was A Child

Cry All Day

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Art of Almost

Pickled Ginger

Side With the Seeds

Misunderstood

Someone To Lose

At Least That's What You Said

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Forget the Flowers

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

The Late Greats

Random Name Generator

Dawned on Me

Jesus Etc

Locator

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

California Stars

Outta Site (Outta Mind)

Not a ton of banter but I thought "we're from the land of Lincoln" long long pause "isn't that weird?" Was pretty hilarious.

Jeff w pig tails and a hat. John sporting a beard. Mikael had on a (Leroy Bach like) chauffeur's hat. Creamer sounded like Pat Sansone and Big Star. That's all for now!

Opening night setlist

Via Chicago

If I Ever Was A Child

Cry All Day

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Art of Almost

Pickled Ginger

Side With the Seeds

Misunderstood

Someone To Lose

At Least That's What You Said

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Forget the Flowers

Box Full of Letters

I'm Always in Love

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm the Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

The Late Greats

Random Name Generator

Dawned on Me

Jesus Etc

Locator

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

California Stars

Outta Site (Outta Mind)

Not a ton of banter but I thought "we're from the land of Lincoln" long long pause "isn't that weird?" Was pretty hilarious.

Jeff w pig tails and a hat. John sporting a beard. Mikael had on a (Leroy Bach like) chauffeur's hat. Creamer sounded like Pat Sansone and Big Star. That's all for now!

Thanks for the report. Was supposed to have been there as well, but had to change my travel plans at the last minute. Would you have been there if it hadn't been Nebraska? B)

How was the crowd, generally speaking? Was there any standing or did people sit the whole time? Looked like a fairly typical outdoor bandshell-type setup. I assume it was all on flat ground (i.e. no incline from front to back)...

Looking forward to checking out Creamer tonight! Saw him/them at the Big Star Third show in Nashville the other week, so your characterization makes sense.

Thanks for getting down the list! Only somewhat surprising in the sense that it was the first show of the tour, but I thought it was a really really great show. Jeff commented on it being the tour opener and they were tight and came ready to play and sounded like a celebration of sorts being back at it again. We sure were happy, and getting in our first Nebraska show. Crowd was loud, and Jeff went to speak before Side with the Seeds for first time but backed from mic to let the roar continue.Later on he said that the crowd was going to spoil them for the tour by being so good. And the crowd, at least up front, were really giving it there all to his satisfaction on the bop bop bopping of Spiders. He asked the crowd to hold back on the adulation and to boo a bit and a rousing round of booing ensued.Jeff then pumped up his chest and said it was the first time he felt like a memeber of the WWF. Agree the short land of Lincoln connection to the host city was funny, and also when he ended it by seemingly sincerely asking to confirm they were both named for the same Lincoln. Only other banter I recall was his congratulating the crowd before Forget the Flowers for having made it through the front loaded sad song portion of the show, and band was amused when he added that the rest of the tunes were happy songs so long as you didn't listen to the words. By the way, the Pinewood is a beajtiful outdoor natural ampitheater nestled between the trees (reminded me of the Pines Theater they use to play in the Bershires). Psyched for the Power and Light District of KC, MO.

Thanks for the report. Was supposed to have been there as well, but had to change my travel plans at the last minute. Would you have been there if it hadn't been Nebraska? B)

How was the crowd, generally speaking? Was there any standing or did people sit the whole time? Looked like a fairly typical outdoor bandshell-type setup. I assume it was all on flat ground (i.e. no incline from front to back)...

Looking forward to checking out Creamer tonight! Saw him/them at the Big Star Third show in Nashville the other week, so your characterization makes sense.

Definite slope (unlike pritzker). Lots of sitting beyond the pit area which was the first 20ish rows) any many left early during the encores, but I think Wilco was generally well received.

I think one reason tickets were $69 was to pay for a huge event staff. People on staff everywhere. There must have been three dozen dedicated to parking alone.

I can't remember if I've ever seen a stand alone outta site before. It was kinda cool. Used to them going right into it from Monday or I Got You.

Seems like a lot of tix left for some of the non sold out shows. I am trekking solo from AZ for the Sante Fe show and may head down to El Paso if I am inspired enough to drive that far. Love to meet any other Wilco heads up there for a beer or preshow tailgate. Golfing at Buffalo Thunder during the day on Tuesday before the show...   

what are Wilco Heads known as? ... Wilclones, Justfans??? I wonder?