I searched both Joe Bonamassa and ticket prices, but found no applicable topic thread. 

I am no fan. I doubt if I've ever heard him. All I know is that he's a guitar player. I was searching for upcoming concerts in my area and came across Joe Bonamassa playing May 11 and 12 at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL. The ticket prices jumped out. Can someone explain them?  :huh

Tickets are *$250, $206.50, $156.50, $132.50, $106.50, and $96.50.
*$250 Dinner Package includes a premium seat and pre-show dinner. Artist does not appear at Dinner.

Thanks. As I said, I haven't heard him, but would it be accurate to say that what Kenny G is to jazz, Joe Bonamassa is to blues? Or is there a better analogy?

Crazy that he commands those prices. $100 for the cheapest seat!

He's a BLOOZY guitar masturbator.

The Joe Satriani of the White Boy Blues.

He could be great, but he has absolutely no dynamics. I can see him doing a Zep kind of thing with some eastern acoustic tunes and some more rock and roll riffs that are not turned to eleven the whole time.

This thread has already pretty much nailed it. Would just add a recent anecdote from Derek Trucks. He played a show with Joe early in his career when Derek was still a teenage guitar prodigy. pre-Allmans. Joe asked Derek's dad backstage to get him a Coke. Derek's dad was irate, pulled him aside and said "don't be like that guy!"

It's great music for people that don't know anything about music, and a sad commentary on the state of blues today.

This thread has already pretty much nailed it. Would just add a recent anecdote from Derek Trucks. He played a show with Joe early in his career when Derek was still a teenage guitar prodigy. pre-Allmans. Joe asked Derek's dad backstage to get him a Coke. Derek's dad was irate, pulled him aside and said "don't be like that guy!"

It's great music for people that don't know anything about music, and a sad commentary on the state of blues today.

Get him A Coke, or get him COKE?

Man you guys are tough...LOL.

The price of tickets is really not something to pick on though.  They all get what they can from Wilco to GNR to Metallica to U2 to Springsteen.  Why are any of those bands worth anymore then any other band.  He is selling that place 2 nights...pretty...pretty...Good.  Bruno Mars is is coming down and you cant get a lower bowl seat for under $300

I have only seen him when I am flipping and he does kind of seem boring but I think he was in a band with some decent guys once.....and copy and paste............Black Country Communion is an English-American hard rock band based in Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2009, the band is a supergroup composed of bassist and vocalist Glenn Hughes, guitarist and vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer and backing vocalist Jason Bonham, and keyboardist Derek Sherinian. Originally formed by Hughes and Bonamassa with the help of producer Kevin Shirley, the group released its self-titled debut album in September 2010. Second album Black Country Communion 2 followed in June 2011, which was promoted on a European tour later in the year. The band released its third album Afterglow in October 2012.

i really wanted to like Black Country. Thought it might tone Bonamassa down. Not so. Of course they are going for a Zep vibe. Their first single is pretty good.

"Great music for people that know nothing about music" JW  Couldn't agree more. Like the people that go see Neil Young and wonder why he didn't play Teach Your Children.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate you taking the time. I have a feel for him now and an understanding of the prices.

Suites,

I understand basic economics, I teach it in high school.  :lol  Sure, he's going to charge what people will pay, and clearly, they are willing to pay! It just intrigued me that someone I'd never heard of has those ticket prices, I guess I wondered if i was missing out on some great music. If the cheapest Wilco seats were $100, I'd stay home.

Interesting.

This thread is extremely entertaining as is any thread that contains the term "BLOOZY guitar masturbator". I'm not a blues guy but I know of him mainly due to Austin City Limits and my local public radio. A couple weeks ago in an attempt to find a live version of the Beatles doing "Taxman" I went down a Youtube wormhole of guitar freaks. Bonamassa came up with his version which wasn't exactly insulting but definitely didn't hold my interest at a time when I was just realizing that there might not be a live version of Taxman on the entire fucking internet.  I did however watch a couple more videos of his which I didn't find very inspiring but as I said I'm not a blues guy. There was a silver lining though to my tireless search, the Bonamassa stuff took me to some Stevie Ray Vaughn stuff which led me to the video of him(and his roadie) switching guitars mid solo after a broken string and it is one of the coolest videos on the internet. 

I remember that story from the WTF podcast (although I thought he was talking about Kenny Wayne Sheppard, or one of those other SRV Jr. kids).  I think Derek and his dad overheard Joe ordering his own dad to fetch him a coke, which lead to Derek's dad saying to Derek "If you ever start treating me that way I will beat your ass."

This thread is extremely entertaining as is any thread that contains the term "BLOOZY guitar masturbator". I'm not a blues guy but I know of him mainly due to Austin City Limits and my local public radio. A couple weeks ago in an attempt to find a live version of the Beatles doing "Taxman" I went down a Youtube wormhole of guitar freaks. Bonamassa came up with his version which wasn't exactly insulting but definitely didn't hold my interest at a time when I was just realizing that there might not be a live version of Taxman on the entire fucking internet. I did however watch a couple more videos of his which I didn't find very inspiring but as I said I'm not a blues guy. There was a silver lining though to my tireless search, the Bonamassa stuff took me to some Stevie Ray Vaughn stuff which led me to the video of him(and his roadie) switching guitars mid solo after a broken string and it is one of the coolest videos on the internet.

The Beatles never played "Taxman" live, or anything from Revolver. In fact, Brian Epstein usually enforced a policy that they only perform their singles in concert, which explains why "Paperback Writer" made it to the stage a few times, but that's the only Revolver-era tune that did.

Man you guys are tough...LOL.

The price of tickets is really not something to pick on though.  They all get what they can from Wilco to GNR to Metallica to U2 to Springsteen.  Why are any of those bands worth anymore then any other band.  He is selling that place 2 nights...pretty...pretty...Good.  Bruno Mars is is coming down and you cant get a lower bowl seat for under $300

I have only seen him when I am flipping and he does kind of seem boring but I think he was in a band with some decent guys once.....and copy and paste............Black Country Communion is an English-American hard rock band based in Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2009, the band is a supergroup composed of bassist and vocalist Glenn Hughes, guitarist and vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer and backing vocalist Jason Bonham, and keyboardist Derek Sherinian. Originally formed by Hughes and Bonamassa with the help of producer Kevin Shirley, the group released its self-titled debut album in September 2010. Second album Black Country Communion 2 followed in June 2011, which was promoted on a European tour later in the year. The band released its third album Afterglow in October 2012.

oh man, i thought that was The Firm.

Man, I liked The Firm.

I did too. Back in the day. Then I listened to them a couple of weeks ago. Does not hold up.

I saw Nels play with the Firm's bassist, and drummer Stephen Perkins from Jane's Addiction in a band called Banyan. All instrumental and improv. Pretty wicked. Or maybe it was Mike Watt. Seen em both with Banyan. It's a rotating cast of musicians. Either way, Firm guy was good. Think they played Machine Gun. Hazy memories. 

I saw Nels play with the Firm's bassist, and drummer Stephen Perkins from Jane's Addiction in a band called Banyan. All instrumental and improv. Pretty wicked. Or maybe it was Mike Watt. Seen em both with Banyan. It's a rotating cast of musicians. Either way, Firm guy was good. Think they played Machine Gun. Hazy memories. 

there's a bunch of banyan stuff up on archiv.org.