Daniel Johnston

I searched but did not find a Daniel Johnston topic. What? How can that be?  :omg  But I digress.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I. Damn, I'd love to see him...

https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic/daniel-johnston

Pretty sure he "retired: last summer....

Actually, this is likely his last tour. The final show is Saturday night at the Moore Theater in Seattle. I considered flying out, now I'm ruing the decision. You are correct that he announced in the summer that he's retiring from touring, but the final shows were this fall. Thanks for putting my hopes to see him in bold, though.

I doubt he's playing many songs. I'd guess that the KCRW show, that you can watch on the above link, is a good representation, length-wise. He's a trooper (or is it trouper? Trouper looks odd, but theater troupe? Haha). The, I think, lithium-induced palsy in his left arm is non-stop, he sits and has lyrics in front of him but he sings well and is into it. The shows include a showing of "The Devil and Daniel Johnston", plus other bands/musicians. I'd take 6 songs any day.

• 1 year later...