Solid Sound 2019

Hello fellow Wilco and Solid Sounds fans. I seek one Saturday ticket. I'll respond promptly. Thanks for considering me. Jonathan

The Solid Sound website has a link for fan ticket exchange.  Maybe you can pick up a ticket there.  Good luck!

https://solidsoundfestival.com/purchase-or-resell-sold-out-tickets-to-solid-sound/

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

According to FB, it looks like the Friday night set will have 5 - 10 “karaoke” opportunities for you to sing with Wilco. Winners will be notified by June 10. Submit a video of yourself performing the song that you want to sing to Instagram or YouTube with hashtag #WilcoKaraoke.

https://solidsoundfestival.com/?fbclid=IwAR1HIptOlLLWEmhoI8smdFEHrEDyDoi_-eJjDKKfwivxGoxUz3mzWO38TOo

According to FB, it looks like the Friday night set will have 5 - 10 “karaoke” opportunities for you to sing with Wilco. Winners will be notified by June 10. Submit a video of yourself performing the song that you want to sing to Instagram or YouTube with hashtag #WilcoKaraoke.

https://solidsoundfestival.com/?fbclid=IwAR1HIptOlLLWEmhoI8smdFEHrEDyDoi_-eJjDKKfwivxGoxUz3mzWO38TOo

How bizarre

I think this is a terrible idea. Was hoping for something really special on the Friday night. This isn't it. Possibly an extention of Jeff's sometimes misguided attempts to engage with his audience. At solo shows this takes the form of "banter" which can be ok in small doses, but ultimately proves tiresome. I want 100% Wilco which means 100% Jeff vocals (with maybe one from John).

I think this is a terrible idea. Was hoping for something really special on the Friday night. This isn't it. Possibly an extention of Jeff's sometimes misguided attempts to engage with his audience. At solo shows this takes the form of "banter" which can be ok in small doses, but ultimately proves tiresome. I want 100% Wilco which means 100% Jeff vocals (with maybe one from John).

agree. This makes me happy I didn’t buy a ticket. Special would have been an AM Set or b side non album set. I don’t think people want to pay to hear others sing Wilco. Sure a thrill for those on stage but still!

I swear I predicted that Friday would be Wilco with guest vocals by other musicians at the festival, but I am not finding that thread. Definitely an "interesting" idea to open it to the fans, but I don't think Wilco would pick anyone who would be so bad to kill the vibe. Maybe this could have been reserved for a daytime slot on Saturday, or something, to be inclusive and fan-centric and interesting, and still keep the Friday show as full on Wilco.

Now, even if the show is a cool "moment", will you listen to the roadcase?  =D

Oh man, it bums me out to see so many people disappointed about the whole Karaoke thing...

it’s not like it’s gonna be first 10 people to make it side stage go up and it’s a train wreck. They’re looking for people who are competent singers. They’ll rehearse and it will be great, I’m sure! 15-year-old me would be going positively nuclear about such an opportunity (and I mean 30-year-old me is kinda super stoked too).

It’ll be alright, and I’m sure Jeff will sing too. It sounds like a really fun show. I am going to submit on both YouTube and Instagram. I hope to be picked, it’s our only shot at attending the festival.

This is all wrong... it's a real misread from the band about what they think SS fest-goers want on the Friday night. Frankly, I wasn't expecting something out of this world - was kinda hoping for the Friday and the Saturday to be repeat-free shows with a few deep cuts. I haven't seen the band since the last Solid Sound so I am craving two big Wilco shows. 5 to 10 songs, as has been said, could take up to an hour of the show. Gonna try to join the glass is half full club on this one as I am still going for sure.

Oh man, it bums me out to see so many people disappointed about the whole Karaoke thing...

it’s not like it’s gonna be first 10 people to make it side stage go up and it’s a train wreck. They’re looking for people who are competent singers. They’ll rehearse and it will be great, I’m sure! 15-year-old me would be going positively nuclear about such an opportunity (and I mean 30-year-old me is kinda super stoked too).

It’ll be alright, and I’m sure Jeff will sing too. It sounds like a really fun show. I am going to submit on both YouTube and Instagram. I hope to be picked, it’s our only shot at attending the festival.

are you the same Sarah C that got to sing with Jeff earlier this month or last month?

I could be wrong, but I don’t think people go to see Wilco to see random crowd members sing, no matter how talented they might be. They’re going to see Jeff, that’s who the connection is with.

Not a fan of the Friday night idea, but I figure it will at least be ok (the band doesn't want it to stink, either), and that it will be closer to 5 songs than 10. I have a sense that the collaborators will not be front and center in every song that they are involved in. And who knows, maybe we will get Courtney Barnett as a collaborator, or other artists.

Bbop and I are going to submit our version of 'You And I' - we're just fighting about who gets to be Feist first... #Feistfirstfight

Or we could just turn it into a Broken Social Scene-type of thing...B) #justsaying #freeforall

By chance does anyone know - in past years have they released batches of tickets at the last minute? Unfortunately only resale market action seems to be happening now : (

You might want to sign up for the Facebook group Solid Sound Fest 2019. There’s some buying and selling going on over there now.