Golden Smog Weird Tales Vinyl Reissue

This must be of interest to some of us. Bull Moose has a listing for a vinyl copy of Weird Tales:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/26390473/golden-smog-weird-tales-2lp-green-vinyl-2lp-green-vinyl-syeor-2018-exclusive

Green vinyl. Listed as "SYEOR Exclusive" which apparently is "Start Your Ear Off Right", a Record Store Day initiative. 

Weird Tales, as you might know, is one of the only Wilco-related records that has never available on vinyl. 

This must be of interest to some of us. Bull Moose has a listing for a vinyl copy of Weird Tales:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/26390473/golden-smog-weird-tales-2lp-green-vinyl-2lp-green-vinyl-syeor-2018-exclusive

Green vinyl. Listed as "SYEOR Exclusive" which apparently is "Start Your Ear Off Right", a Record Store Day initiative.

Weird Tales, as you might know, is one of the only Wilco-related records that has never available on vinyl.

Ordered!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm glad you got it! Bull Moose still doesn't want to sell to us lowly Canadians!! Hopefully Amoeba will have it up soon. 

Coincidentally I found a copy of Another Fine Day on Discogs today for $25. After this I'll just need another pressing of Down By The Old Mainstream because I'm not shelling out $150 for a used copy. 

I'm glad you got it! Bull Moose still doesn't want to sell to us lowly Canadians!! Hopefully Amoeba will have it up soon.

Coincidentally I found a copy of Another Fine Day on Discogs today for $25. After this I'll just need another pressing of Down By The Old Mainstream because I'm not shelling out $150 for a used copy.

Yeah I hear ya I’m still looking for mainstream on vinyl too

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered it as well!

I snagged a copy of Down by the Old Mainstream on Discogs a couple of months back for $40 bucks and was quite happy about it.

Still need Another Fine Day but its still kind of pricey.

• 4 weeks later...

Run Out Groove Vinyl is a new vinyl-only label that that caters specifically to music fanatics, pressing limited edition titles made by music fans for music fans. Each month 3 prospective projects are put up for a vote. The project with the most votes then is made available for pre-order for a limited time. The finished products are individually numbered, high quality pressings with beautiful packaging. Production is a one time deal with quantities strictly limited to the number of pre-orders.

This month, the classic 1995 Golden Smog album "Down By The Old Mainstream" is up for voting. Long revered by Americana enthusiasts, this album was only previously available on vinyl in a very limited 2010 reissue, copies of which now command very high prices in the collector's market. Half of Golden Smog at this time was comprised of Jayhawks members (Gary Louris, Marc Perlman and Kraig Johnson), with Dan Murphy (Soul Asylum), Jeff Tweedy (Wilco) and Noah Levy (The Honeydogs) rounding out the lineup.

To vote, go here: http://runoutgroovevinyl.com/down-by-the-old-mainstream.html

More info on the Run Out Groove website: http://runoutgroovevinyl.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SAME HERE!!! Nice. My Wilco, Loose Fur, Uncle Tupelo, solo/Tweedy, and now Golden Smog LP collections will be complete. I'm missing a few variants, like the early UT colour pressings, but nothing that will keep me up at night.

• 4 weeks later...

The fans have spoken and by overwhelming majority Golden Smog's "Down By The Old Mainstream" will be pressed on transparent yellow vinyl mixed with red and black swirl for the upcoming reissue by Run Out Groove Vinyl. "Down By The Old Mainstream" was originally released on CD only by Rykodisc in 1995 and this is the first time it will be available on vinyl since the original 2LP limited release in 2010. This new deluxe ROG package is a one time pressing and will come in a gatefold, old school tip-on Stoughton jacket with printed inner sleeves and will be strictly limited and individually numbered based on pre-orders. PREORDERS CLOSE AT THE END OF THE DAY ON 3/8 and will no longer be available from the ROG website after then. After 3/8 the only way to get a copy will be to find a participating retailer who ordered in advance and those quantities will be very limited. The final number of the pressing will be announced on Wed 3/14.

DEADLINE TO PREORDER IS MARCH 8, 2018: http://bit.ly/2EeTxy7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GOLDEN SMOG WON!! WOOT! I just ordered mine!

My understanding is this should be shipping soonish?? (6-8 weeks after orders stopped, which was beginning of March, puts us at week 7?). If anyone has experience with ROG, is this usually the case?

Based on Run Out Groove's facebook page we have about a month more to wait. 

"If you missed our pre-order, there is still a chance to pick up a copy at your local independent record store when we expect to ship around the first week in June."