If in some weird apocalypse...

My thoughts in exhausted-poet form. My husband had a major surgery this week to correct a large esophageal diverticula...they go in between the ribs and under a lung! I'll spare you further details, but he is finally home and recovering, and I am exhausted, which apparently prods my brain to converse in bad poetry. So I give you last night's doggerel:

If in some weird apocalypse

You had to choose one single bliss

Which Wilco song would you take home,

And all the others gone?

So ok, imagine with me. Easier to do than it should be, in these trumpian times! Suppose our world devolved to the point that even our beloved music was harshly rationed. Suppose...*gasp!*...you were told you could only ever again hear a single Wilco song. (Nothing could stop you from replaying the others in your tattered memory of course...) You are allowed only ONE recording of ONE song. You have only one hour to make your selection or you get NO song. And no do-overs!!!

Ok, choose.

As many wonderful & worthy contenders as there are - (Misunderstood! Redeyed & Blue/I Got You! She's a Jar! Random Name Generator! Ok I'll stop.) I think I would go with the sheer unabashed joy of "Outtasite (Outta Mind)".

Your turn to grapple with this agonizing decision.

This might be one of those "Today it would be" questions (which might ruin the intensity of your setup), but........

Today I had a moment with "Hell is Chrome" a little after sunrise when the second cup of coffee hit, where I thought every other song must sound stupid because it's so perfect.

This might be one of those "Today it would be" questions (which might ruin the intensity of your setup), but........

Today I had a moment with "Hell is Chrome" a little after sunrise when the second cup of coffee hit, where I thought every other song must sound stupid because it's so perfect.

This is a pretty damn good answer. I have moments with this song all the time.