• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, but Trump can't say on the stump that they won 'bigley' if Saccone loses ---- which would happen if somehow Saccone pulls it out.  

Never say never:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-excuse-conor-lamb-apos-141556517.html

"Trump and the White House attempted to take credit both for Lamb’s victory and Saccone’s close loss.

“The young man last night that ran, he said, ‘Oh, I’m like Trump,’” the President said at the fundraiser about Lamb."

This is great.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/974450928714747906?s=09

And by great, I mean heart-breakingly depressing that it won't affect anyone who tunes into Fox News. 

I saw somewhere that Hannity's taking on-air shots against Shepard Smith. As a fellow Ole Miss alumnus, I hope Shep can get out of there and land somewhere more...um...sane.

....aaannd McCabe is gone. Two days before he would have retired, with early retirement benefits. What a mean little bitch trump is.

This is not just spite.  It's far darker than that.  With this firing, and its timing, he's sending a calculated message to everyone he has authority over.

This is not just spite.  It's far darker than that.  With this firing, and its timing, he's sending a calculated message to everyone he has authority over.

I am guessing Sessions would have been on the chopping block, if he didn't fire McGabe.

Of course, I think Sessions won't last the month, either.

I am guessing Sessions would have been on the chopping block, if he didn't fire McGabe.

Of course, I think Sessions won't last the month, either.

As goes Sessions goes Mueller.  As this point I hope the Mueller investigation brings something big soon.  It does not seem that the GOP leadership has any intent of doing anything except protecting their guy.       

As goes Sessions goes Mueller.  As this point I hope the Mueller investigation brings something big soon.  It does not seem that the GOP leadership has any intent of doing anything except protecting their guy.       

Having recently listened to the Slow Burn podcast about Watergate has given me a bit of historical context around that and some new lenses to view our current situation. My previous view of Watergate is that Republicans like Howard Baker were unbiased and would let the truth lead them where it would throughout most of the Watergate crisis. This podcast made it clear that most Republicans were holding water for Nixon until the tapes were released. Hopefully, if Mueller or someone else finds a smoking gun (in my mind, there's been something of a smoking armory, if not on collusion on massive conflicts of interest and attempts to profit from the office) attitudes will change. We shall see.

Having recently listened to the Slow Burn podcast about Watergate has given me a bit of historical context around that and some new lenses to view our current situation. My previous view of Watergate is that Republicans like Howard Baker were unbiased and would let the truth lead them where it would throughout most of the Watergate crisis. This podcast made it clear that most Republicans were holding water for Nixon until the tapes were released. Hopefully, if Mueller or someone else finds a smoking gun (in my mind, there's been something of a smoking armory, if not on collusion on massive conflicts of interest and attempts to profit from the office) attitudes will change. We shall see.

I think that's an ideal, best case scenario.  The GOP will resist doing anything about Trump until it becomes obvious that they have to do something... and then the tide will turn against him really quickly.  But the key is that Mueller needs to find that indisputable, blatantly smoking gun... which I'm not entirely convinced will happen.  :( 

Below is message from my kid's little league regarding my coaching eligibility - I think I may have more clearance than many in the Trump administration, now.

We have received the result of your 2018 Background Screen background screening application.

Background screening result: CLEAR

I just want someone to beat Roskam in November.

The other day I received a call from a polling station. They asked if I had 15 minutes or so. Sure, why not.

First question. Are you planning on voting for Peter Roskam this fall? No, ma'am, I am certainly not.  OK, that's all the questions we have for you. Thank you.

Strange poll.