It also explains why Hannity went batshit when Cohen's offices were raided.

It amazes me the mental gymnastics that Hannity and his supporters are going through to explain his relationship with Cohen. 

This is what I have heard so far:  Hannity is not a client, but yet had the Cohen on retainer.  So even he is not a client, his communications with Cohen are subject to Attorney Client Privilege.  

So the biggest question I have right now, if Hannity's claim is true, why would Cohen perjure himself in federal court and say that Hannity was indeed his client?  This certainly does no good for Hannity or POTUS, who as we know is the biggest cheerleader for the Administration.

The ethics thing is also a huge deal and of course he is hiding behind the shield that he is an entertainer, not a journalist (John Stewart used to do this too and I felt it was bullshit then as it is with Hannity now).  

All in all this is a mess, but really nothing to do with the larger picture or what is going on with POTUS.  I surprised we haven't bombed Syria again.  

edit found this article which articulates what I am trying to get at:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/17/politics/sean-hannity-michael-cohen-donald-trump/index.html?iid=EL

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So much of this Sunday morning shit show demonstrates why limiting ammunition capacity can save lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/us/waffle-house-shooting-hero-tennessee/index.html

It sounds like the weapon actually malfunctioned, but fewer bullets equals more chances for someone to step in. The dude who wrestled this guy is a god damned hero and deserves something grand because a lot of the people in that Waffle House owe him their lives.

So much of this Sunday morning shit show demonstrates why limiting ammunition capacity can save lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/us/waffle-house-shooting-hero-tennessee/index.html

It sounds like the weapon actually malfunctioned, but fewer bullets equals more chances for someone to step in. The dude who wrestled this guy is a god damned hero and deserves something grand because a lot of the people in that Waffle House owe him their lives.

Wow he is a hero!

I go to Waffle House a lot.  Been there hundreds of times, at dozens of different locations. Based on that, I'm slightly surprised that the cook didn't calmly walk over and chop this motherfuckers head off with a knife.  Most of the people working there are not to be trifled with.  But I suppose that gives a little perspective on how scary and insane a shooter situation is, and how even folks who have seen and experienced some real shit and are hardened by life become powerless when confronted with these horrible killing machines.

I go to Waffle House a lot. Been there hundreds of times, at dozens of different locations. Based on that, I'm slightly surprised that the cook didn't calmly walk over and chop this motherfuckers head off with a knife. Most of the people working there are not to be trifled with. But I suppose that gives a little perspective on how scary and insane a shooter situation is, and how even folks who have seen and experienced some real shit and are hardened by life become powerless when confronted with these horrible killing machines.

This should point out that not all mass shootings occur at schools ( probably most don't). So doing things like "fortifying" schools or arming teachers are just a false cry and will do nothing to prevent things like this.

This should point out that not all mass shootings occur at schools ( probably most don't). So doing things like "fortifying" schools or arming teachers are just a false cry and will do nothing to prevent things like this.

Arm Waffle House servers!!!!

As someone who works in a school, I have been saying this for some time. This is not a school issue; it is a societal issue. School-based actions will not solve it; societal actions will solve it.

• 2 weeks later...

So Giuliani states that Trump reimbursed Cohen the 130K that was given to Stormy. So then either Trump is lying or Giuliani is lying. My $0.02 is appropriate for home offices.

I need to make more popcorn. We're getting to the good part.

:spider

Does anyone think Trump's pull-out of the Iran deal is a good thing?

He even went as far as to threaten sanctions on any country who cooperates with Iran -- does this include our allies who have vowed to uphold the agreement?

I think the MAGA crowd probably think it is great.  You know cause it is the worst deal in history of all deals. 

He even went as far as to threaten sanctions on any country who cooperates with Iran -- does this include our allies who have vowed to uphold the agreement?

Our foreign policy is a joke.  We do not have people in key positions around the world, we have a President that consistently contradicts his foreign policy advisers, we have a President who will simply tear up an agreement rather than try to renegotiate.  Why would any country sign any type of agreement with the US?  All this and we have top level advisers saying the best thing for Iran is a war. 

Well, we humans had a pretty good 200,000 years.  At least I get to say I got to see the end.   

I think the MAGA crowd probably think it is great.  You know cause it is the worst deal in history of all deals. 

Yeah, I meant is there anyone HERE who thinks it's a good thing?

To try an be very open minded:

Some moderates have suggested that part of the progress (and then only part) in N Korea has been the way Kim responded to an atypical, grandstanding American figure. If there can ever be anything approaching a "Trump Doctrine" it would be an effectiveness to communicating to tyrants the way they understand- like a military dictator might. Maybe Iran might give even more ground.

I don't actually believe any of that will work, but it's my best "devil's advocate" response.

The dullards and mouth breathers at Breitbart would be jumping up and clicking their cloven hooves together in joy if they could get off their couches.

To try an be very open minded:

Some moderates have suggested that part of the progress (and then only part) in N Korea has been the way Kim responded to an atypical, grandstanding American figure. If there can ever be anything approaching a "Trump Doctrine" it would be an effectiveness to communicating to tyrants the way they understand- like a military dictator might. Maybe Iran might give even more ground.

I don't actually believe any of that will work, but it's my best "devil's advocate" response.

The only reason Kim is sitting down with POTUS and S. Korea for nuclear talks is because his test site has collapsed and is unusable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

He is playing into the vanity of POTUS and trying to get a lot for really nothing.  If the site was still usable there would be no way he would sit down for talks. 

The only reason Kim is sitting down with POTUS and S. Korea for nuclear talks is because his test site has collapsed and is unusable.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

He is playing into the vanity of POTUS and trying to get a lot for really nothing.  If the site was still usable there would be no way he would sit down for talks. 

I also heard that there's some belief that they may have lost one or more of their chief scientists in the collapse, further hampering their ability to build more bombs.

This president is completely braindead and crooked, and is willing to sacrifice the entire planet to protect his narcissistic ego. He will soon have our economy collapsed and wars begun. We need to fight him tooth and nail.

Which is kind of fantastic: A literally collapsing nuclear regime symbolized by a mountain.

I've thought this too.:yes

Yeah, I meant is there anyone HERE who thinks it's a good thing?

For me, part of the answer depends on whether or not Iran was honoring the agreement. I don't have that information, and Netanyahu probably doesn't either. If it was a sham, then going back to sanctions might be our only good option, though I've read reports that Boeing will be losing $20 billion. I would imagine that that lost revenue will mean lost jobs. 

But regardless of that, I definitely think that we've just severely alienated our key allies, and I don't know how that will play out. 

I'm trying to think of all the "ifs" that would have to be true for this to be a good decision. IF Iran was secretly defying the agreement and IF Trump was the only genius in the room and everyone else was DUPED, and IF he can show our allies that pulling out of the agreement just saved all of our butts...

This administration has provided no evidence that Iran was cheating on the agreement. At least, none that I've seen reported. The nuclear agency tasked with the inspections have said time and time again that Iran is complying. Who do you trust? Someone who provides not a shred of evidence to back up his claim or people in the field with firsthand knowledge?