That map is fascinating. My area and the surrounding areas are heavy, heavy blue. I'm kinda surprised.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My county in southeast WI went 67% for Trump. Huh. Usually the Republican can count on at least 70%. (I definitely live in a bubble... to my endless frustration.)

My precinct, though was only 60% Trump, so there's that.

This is a new documentary about Trump and the Russians being released on August 31:

https://activemeasures.com/

I saw the director of this film interviewed on CNN the other night. He is a fairly young guy from NY whose Dad used to be friendly with Trump, and he’s been thinking “this guy really loves Russians” for many years. He traced the Russian relationship back to the 80’s, and came to the conclusion that Manafort has been laundering money for the Ukraine oil trade over a year ago. The last interview for the film was done last September. Watch the trailer on that website, it is very interesting.

This CBC article gives more info:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/episode-388-trump-s-mob-ties-new-brunswick-flood-muterkelly-p-k-subban-s-dad-mercury-13-and-more-1.4646381/active-measures-director-says-trump-s-russian-mob-ties-are-his-biggest-legal-vulnerability-1.4646401

One year after Charlottesville....

I went to see BlacKkKlansman today. Normally I would write about this in a different thread, but this film left me gasping, and needs to be mentioned here.

I can’t believe what Spike Lee put into a major motion picture that I saw at my local mulitplex. 10 stars!

One year after Charlottesville....

I went to see BlacKkKlansman today. Normally I would write about this in a different thread, but this film left me gasping, and needs to be mentioned here.

I can’t believe what Spike Lee put into a major motion picture that I saw at my local mulitplex. 10 stars!

I really want to see this!

I'm finding much humor in Lara Trump's response to the Omarosa recording of Lara attempting to bribe Omarosa. The trump crime family is unmatched in their hypocrisy.

My wife and I rarely fight.  Last night we got into an argument because she claimed that I "don't hate Trump enough."  While unlike her, I don't promise to assassinate him on a nightly basis,  I had to argue and demonstrate that I do, in fact, hate Trump plenty.  She was unmoved.  This morning we laughed about it and promised to turn off CNN for a week.  Sign of the times.

My wife and I rarely fight.  Last night we got into an argument because she claimed that I "don't hate Trump enough."  While unlike her, I don't promise to assassinate him on a nightly basis,  I had to argue and demonstrate that I do, in fact, hate Trump plenty.  She was unmoved.  This morning we laughed about it and promised to turn off CNN for a week.  Sign of the times.

Sadly, I can relate.  The fact that my parents and many of my relatives are Trumpers causes some occasional tension since I won't disown them (and God forbid, I give them the benefit of the doubt from time to time).

Sometimes hating Trump gets boring. It's such a consistent feeling when you're trying to keep up with the news that it almost gets tiresome. It doesn't mean that I want to turn it around and like him, more like my emotional balance requires me to feel nothing towards him and leave my disapproval and criticism to be coldly cerebral, less visceral. 

I'm not a very hateful person, and that guy just exhausts my hate. Sometimes he's so shitty it's fascinating and funny, but mostly lately I just want him to be ruined and go away, and let us have really boring conversations about the mixed blessings of the next president's reasonable and well-intentioned policy approach. 

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the author does the right thing and step up, reveal who he/she is and resign. Otherwise he/she continues to be an enabler of chaos and destruction.

I recently read (can't remember where) an interesting concept: Trump is America, Inc's test run on how the citizens would respond to a dictatorship. As someone who is a ghost in the machine of the military/industrial complex, this isn't as far fetched as it seems. I can tell you that upper management had to go change their underwear when Trump said the words "space force". If the Donald gets a second term, its going to be sign.

I hope the author does the right thing and step up, reveal who he/she is and resign. Otherwise he/she continues to be an enabler of chaos and destruction.

If POTUS is as bad as the author says, they cabinet should do more then just wisper about the 25th amendment, they should do it. Twarting clearly is not enough. Also they should come forward and produce tapes or actual hard evidence. BTW remember when Omorosa had tapes of POTUS saying some awful stuff. Yeah ain't happing. Either someone got to her or it is just BS.

Things like this article just play to both sides. I would love to see some actual hard evidence

• 2 weeks later...

How is this vote going to go down tomorrow? None of my usual media sources are dumb enough to say they know.

Are there any Republicans that don't want to go down as the party of Roy Moore?

The committee will vote to confirm tomorrow. He will be the next Supreme Court Justice by the middle of next week.