Yeah ---- unless something else pops up in the next 24 hours -- physical evidence (pictures , etc...), which proves that he lied under oath -- of course he would be able to spin a picture, too.

Yesterday's sham didn't change anything with the R's. 

Going into yesterday, I didn't think Kavanaugh could pull off a more assholeness performance then he had during the first hearings, of course I was wrong.

He reminded me be many of the high school douchebags that I went to school with, before any of these allegations popped up.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quit following politics(again) when Trump won. I had quit some time before that and started paying attention again for the last political election. For the record I vote on all levels and am active at the local level. I do my homework before election season but for the most part I skip over almost any politically themed article in the "news" and I don't watch any of the 24 hour networks anymore.

For some reason yesterday on the way home I tuned in via public radio to the hearing. I was quickly reminded why I choose not to invest my time and emotion into this system anymore. The senator from Rhode Island is asking questions about slang words for farting written in someone's high school yearbook, a factor he would dismiss immediately as " irrelevant high school stuff that all boys do" if there was a democrat in the chair. Lindsey Graham, being the institutional puppet that he is, vehemently defends someone for something that he would prosecute to the fullest if this man was Obama's nominee. It has become impossible for any of these people to think independently and not toe the party line. The goal of these two parties has become to get in each others way. It is not to prosecute sexual assault, it is not to keep an eye on govt spending, it is not to give the country the most qualified person for each position all the way up to POTUS. What I listened to yesterday was quite honestly embarrassing. Politics isn't politics anymore and the news isn't the news. 

Agreed ---- never thought the FBI would get involved --- take back what I said about Flake -- glad he got it out of the committee, so the full Senate can have some input.

Guessing the Senate will create some new rule that any committee person not running for reelection is off any committee...Flake really put a wrench in things. 

Apparently Flake, Collins, Murkowski, and a “handful” of red state Democratic senators are making plans to vote as a bloc, so that any one of them isn’t going to be blamed for tipping the scales one way or another.

Does this count as bipartisan collaboration even if it’s just an exercise in spineless CYA-ism?

Does this count as bipartisan collaboration even if it’s just an exercise in spineless CYA-ism?

There've been a few times in the last two years where I've talked about doing the right things for the wrong reasons is somehow still better politics. Sometimes I'm such a pragmatist I think I have a robot heart. Or maybe such an optimist I'm going to fly off on a date with Mary Poppins.

So did I!!

Why did he save his calendars?  I didn't watch much of the hearing and only heard on the news that he had 35-year-old calendars.  Who saves their calendars??

He used the calendars as a method of keeping a journal -- I guess his father did the same thing.   

He used the calendars as a method of keeping a journal -- I guess his father did the same thing.   

John Oliver once again, nailed the critical comedy on this better than anyone else.

As he points out, Kavanaugh shared the year that his dad started reminiscing on Christmas Eve, calendar in hand. If the story is to be believed, a 14 year old Kavanaugh sat with his dad and listened to him share his calendar to celebrate the holidays. Which is either a really weird lie, or a really weird truth.

who has calendars?

Oh come on, in 1982, if you had a life to keep track of, you had a calendar.

Don’t you have an electronic calendar?

I actually do still have a kitchen wall calendar that duplicates my electronic calendar, mainly because I like the monthly change of artwork!

I do save my calendars, because I realized how useful they were to date various photos, activities, gardening jobs, etc. I use those spiral-bound desk calendars and they are full of daily notations to myself. Brings back my life at a glance! So I have a drawer with a little stack of those.*

And I do use real wall calendars. I like the art and they keep me oriented over a longer stretch of time. How do people get by without calendars?

*They do not, however, notate the times I went out for 'skis with my bros.

I do save my calendars, because I realized how useful they were to date various photos, activities, gardening jobs, etc. I use those spiral-bound desk calendars and they are full of daily notations to myself. Brings back my life at a glance! So I have a drawer with a little stack of those.*

And I do use real wall calendars. I like the art and they keep me oriented over a longer stretch of time. How do people get by without calendars?

*They do not, however, notate the times I went out for 'skis with my bros.

Do they remind you of a solid alibi you have for when you were lifting weights with Tobin, Squeeb and PJ?

But seriously, you have revealed that this could be a practice enjoyed by the sane.

Oh come on, in 1982, if you had a life to keep track of, you had a calendar.

Don’t you have an electronic calendar?

I actually do still have a kitchen wall calendar that duplicates my electronic calendar, mainly because I like the monthly change of artwork!

you keep calendars that are 20-30 years old?

i don't. 

i don't.

No, I don’t. But I thought your initial post was questioning having a calendar at all, even a current one.

The only time I ever saved calendars was for a few years in the 90’s when I knew I wanted to harvest some of the artwork for framing. I eventually did that, and those calendars are long gone. I don’t think I ever looked at what was written on them the entire time I had them once a new year started. Every Jan 1, the old calendar goes into recycle and the new one goes up on the wall.

i don't. 

I have one wall calendar that I kept (I ended up keeping just the last 3 months though). At the time, I was studying for a big exam, and used the wall calendar to keep track of my progress, but at the same time, I started dating my wife, and I wrote down each date - what we did, etc. We enjoy going back to see how everything started up.

I wasn't lifting weights with Squi and Donkey Dong Dave though. 

I have one wall calendar that I kept (I ended up keeping just the last 3 months though). At the time, I was studying for a big exam, and used the wall calendar to keep track of my progress, but at the same time, I started dating my wife, and I wrote down each date - what we did, etc. We enjoy going back to see how everything started up.

I wasn't lifting weights with Squi and Donkey Dong Dave though. 

:lol

Do they remind you of a solid alibi you have for when you were lifting weights with Tobin, Squeeb and PJ?

But seriously, you have revealed that this could be a practice enjoyed by the sane.

Or....have I?

Also those were never weights, that was a body. And it wasn't me it was "Bart".

Good lord - now he's mocking Dr. Ford.

He's the President of the United States of America and he's mocking a victim of sexual assault.  

Devo was right. And trump is leading the backwards charge.