• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only read about 1/3 of Wolff's book excerpt published by New York Magazine yesterday. I've since been surprised at the full focus being on Bannon's quotes specifically. Many examples in the early part of the excerpt, like Rupert Murdoch hanging up with Trump and saying "what a fucking idiot", or the White House aide who couldn't keep Trump's focus past the 4th Amendment in a training session did not come directly from Bannon, right? So why is this story reported as all Bannon all the time?

Bannon is sure in a pickle with his own Breitbart backers - it seems like he may have gotten over his skis a bit.  But of course his financial backers may be saying one thing to the press (and Trump) and another privately. 

If pushed out, I am sure Bannon will end up starting yet another propaganda wing for the Republican party. The party is going to be so spread out that a 3rd party seems inevitable.  

You know, any of us who lived in CT, NY or NJ anytime in the last 30 years have known - all that time - what a turd this guy was. Total ignoramus. Not remotely qualified to even run for mayor of Anytown, USA.

Every single person who voted for this douchenozzle has a lot to answer for. A LOT.

They didn't do their due diligence...If they had, they would have voted for someone else. Anyone else.

I may eventually forgive those who voted for him, but I will never, ever forget.

This!

He is and still is a big disaster for NJ. Between gutting Atlantic City, the new tax bill and now wanting to drill off the NJ coast Muller can’t work fast enough in my opinion.

I am no law talking dude, but I think Bannon signed a Non Disclosure Agreement.  Which could complicate things.  But Trump threatens to sue people like he drinks diet coke.  So I am not sure what if anything this means.  

check it out...

the response to Trump's threatened libel lawsuit re: Wolff's book. it's a beautiful thing.

www.scribd.com/document/368696619/Letter-to-C-Harder-001

They must have had a blast writing it ---- perhaps the only time in history that a lawyer didn't bill for their time (other than pro-bono gigs)

Link to Trump's letter - not nearly as fun to read...

https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/politics/read-trump-lawyers-letter-to-michael-wolff-and-steve-rubin/2695/

Yeah, the letter beautifully backs peoples' assertions earlier that any agreements Bannon signed have no relevance over Wolff's work, or as I remember the letter put it, "The law treats Mr. Bannon as an adult... and it is his responsibility to honor any contractual obligations."

Funnest lawyer letter ever.

Are you guys reading the Feinstein-released Simpson testimony? I'm only about halfway through (It's over 300 pages) but wow, fascinating! In less important news, I may have finally figured out how to pronounce that Russian lawyer's name. I think of it as vessel-knit-sky-a. Picture a vessel filled with a knit sky. That Solid Sound art is influencing my thoughts.
I hope I'm not pronouncing it wrong but I probably am.

He must have at least one real friend or someone who cares about him, right? If so that friend or someone needs to sew his mouth shut and break every one of his goddamned fingers to keep him from tweeting. It would be for his own good. He can’t get out of his own way. Every day brIngs a new train wreck.

He must have at least one real friend or someone who cares about him, right? If so that friend or someone needs to sew his mouth shut and break every one of his goddamned fingers to keep him from tweeting. It would be for his own good. He can’t get out of his own way. Every day brIngs a new train wreck.

I'll bet his mafia friends could handle that job, or the Russians. He's absolutely off the rails! Train wreck is right.

That he has the temerity to deny that he said "shithole" et al, drives me nuts. Okay then asshole, what exactly did you say? Crickets.

That he has the temerity to deny that he said "shithole" et al, drives me nuts. Okay then asshole, what exactly did you say? Crickets.

It's not his use of "shithole" that bothers me, because I would be a hypocrite if I thought so. I've used that term plenty of times myself. 

It's the "why" in "Why do need to take people from these shithole countries?" that really bothers me. Because Trump really doesn't know. That's why he's asking the question. It's the shithole countries that we need to take MORE people from. Trump wants people from Norway? People from Norway have a very nice and wealthy country already. Why would one of them want asylum here? 

There's a meme going around with a George Washington quote. Being a meme, I suspected that this quote wasn't accurate:

But according to this source, it is. 

I had always hoped that this land might become a safe & agreeable Asylum to the virtuous & persecuted part of mankind, to whatever nation they might belong;

Winston, I agree. He doesn't understand why, which he should. But that he can't admit saying what a group heard him say? Dick Durbin should have thrown fecorum out the window. "This unqualified, incompetent, shithole of a human being knows what he said. He doesn't have the conviction to admit it". Fuck getting reelected again, Dick (and every other >65 y.o. congressperson). These are unique times.