• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does their leader, apparently.

Never knew I was part of a mob and a saboteur. Christ, I'm practically an enemy of the state according to that letter.

I am surprised they didn't throw in "paid' liberal mob.

Since the election, It has been a running joke among my local 'liberal mob' - "We are going to be getting our checks in the mail any day now and we are going to be rich, rich, rich!"

judging from some random interactions via facebook, it's apparent to me that trump's efforts to brand news that he doesn't agree with as fake news has worked. people refuse to give credence to journalism if they don't agree with it, saying that it's all made up. opinions are the only thing that matters, not facts.

this is fucking depressing. 

judging from some random interactions via facebook, it's apparent to me that trump's efforts to brand news that he doesn't agree with as fake news has worked. people refuse to give credence to journalism if they don't agree with it, saying that it's all made up. opinions are the only thing that matters, not facts.

this is fucking depressing. 

Totally depressing. It's post-truth. 

I'm having facebook interactions with a guy who's currently a council member for the city in which I reside, who's running for a position in the state assembly in which he would be my representative.  Yet, he's as bad as any troll I've run across.  Refuses to engage in any actual debate, uses memes and emojis to dismiss opponents, and seems to want to do nothing other than stir the pot.  Welcome to Trump's America.

I'm having facebook interactions with a guy who's currently a council member for the city in which I reside, who's running for a position in the state assembly in which he would be my representative.  Yet, he's as bad as any troll I've run across.  Refuses to engage in any actual debate, uses memes and emojis to dismiss opponents, and seems to want to do nothing other than stir the pot.  Welcome to Trump's America.

We're so fucked.

The low level of discourse tolerated by the voting majority is troublesome. I've had a few moments on social media in the past year where I was shocked and in awe that people were actually being civil and thoughtful. When the president spews trash you know city council could really go downhill.

Vice President Mike Pence's brother has refused to participate in even the lowest levels of public vetting before he claims a seat in Congress

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/columnists/tim-swarens/2018/10/25/candidate-greg-pences-submarine-strategy-irresponsible-tim-swarens-writes/1751865002/

I don't know how Mountain Bed has survived in that state so long.

It's the cheap cost of living and family ties that have kept me here.

Yeah - I live about 20 minutes from Indiana in IL -- IL is truly f'd up fiscally, but I rather deal with it, then head across the border.

A few of my wife's co-workers have, though. It is nice that there is an electric train line from northwest IN to Chicago.

Hopefully IL legalizes marijuana and finally does something about the pension system and we get back on track sooner than later.

I am a pretty staunch Dem --- but Madigan needs to go.

Hopefully IL legalizes marijuana and finally does something about the pension system and we get back on track sooner than later.

I am a pretty staunch Dem --- but Madigan needs to go.

That's the huge "DUH" signpost that I can't believe hasn't happened yet. Illinois was advised that they're either going to have to raise taxes, or cut spending, or a combo of the two, or look at new revenue streams. The whole public pension budget shitshow has us all up shit creek with a turd for a paddle, and I keep seeing headlines of "record tax revenue in Colorado."

No fucking shit. Legalize it so we can start bailing us out of this mess. When my wife asks me why I'm glazed while grilling and chilling, I'll tell her that I'm keeping this fucking state afloat! Proudly! #MakeIllinoisSolventAgainWhileIGetHigh(again)

and I keep seeing headlines of "record tax revenue in Colorado."

If it makes you feel better we have an ongoing constitutional problem called TABOR that pretty much means people have to vote for bills that say "Shall taxes be raised..." for any of that added revenue to be used by the government. Usually a big tax revenue year means I get an extra hundred bucks in my state tax return and schools are still underfunded/highways are not nearly capable of handling the growth that brought the revenue.

The guy is a double secret deep state agent planted by Hillary years ago to infiltrate the Trumpian right wing in order to.......wait....huh?

So apparently they caught the MAGA-bomber? 

Though I'm sure the right will continue to speak of false flag conspiracies... 

I was listening to Rush this afternoon, he was going on about how this whole thing was distracting from the GOP's good early voting polls.  I am not sure about that, since I don't think it is a big story anyways.  But what it definitely has pushed out of the limelight is the murder and cover up of a Journalist and US resident. Not too many people are asking any more questions about the Saudis and the tie to the Trump family.  

So wait, some conservative offered women money to lie and say that Mueller sexually assaulted them.

This is totally the thing they claimed the left was doing to people. It's the first time a high profile person was almost victimized by a false sexual assault scam.

"your second amendment rights are under siege, but they will never be under siege while I am president". Donald Trump on the 2nd Amendment.

Hey let's do an EO to get rid of the birthright citizenship. Donald Trump's thoughts on the 14th.

I firmly believe the only Amendment POTUS can name is the 2nd. And this is the only one the GOP cares about.