• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it could have went better, but I will settle with the House. Nice to see some D Governor's winning, especially in Kansas - bummer about Florida and Georgia, though. Really wish Cruz would have lost Texas, too.

Locally, the D's are now in complete control of IL - hopefully they start fixing some stuff, smartly. 

Not a perfect election but I will take it. So happy that Lauren Underwood and Sean Casten won. The suburbs of Chicago are turning blue!

Not a perfect election but I will take it. So happy that Lauren Underwood and Sean Casten won. The suburbs of Chicago are turning blue!

Yes, was very happy to see Roskam voted out. I donated to Casten to help his cause. Today I learned that the 6th district has been Republican since 1972. Roskam was going for his 6th re-election. 

My wife worked hard on the Casten campaign and was  invited to and attended his victory party last night. I shudder to think what my house would have been like this morning had Roskam won!  Underwood's victory was even more surprising to me.  Some of the races on the state and county level were decided by les than 500 votes.  Crazy.

Not terribly disappointed. The major people I voted for won. Unfortunately, Iowa's 4th Congressional district (I live in the 3rd) will return Steve King to D.C. Also, our legislature and governor remain in the hands of Koch Brothers-inspired Republicans. I wish Iowa Republicans would have the vision to see what they finally saw in Kansas and Wisconsin. As a teacher, I'm very worried about changes over the next couple of years.

RBG has fallen and has three broken ribs.  I'm pretty confident we're fucked.

She's a bit older now, but she busted some ribs in 2012. She'll throw some duct tape around her torso and get back right in there. 

She will be 91 at the end of the possible Trump 2nd term. I can see her going for the record.

The oldest person to serve as a Supreme Court Justice was Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., (1902-1932) who was 90 when he retired from the Court.
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the dotard is not going to condemn Saudi Arabia for the state sanctioned murder of that journalist. Wow, that's quite a message he is sending.

If he thought the R's would let him get away with it - he'd off a journalist every 3 days. He may try to sneak one in to see how it plays.

The thing with him is that he values humans -- not with any morals, but with dollars. cents and votes.

Looks like the dotard is not going to condemn Saudi Arabia for the state sanctioned murder of that journalist. Wow, that's quite a message he is sending.

He just praised Saudi Arabia for low gas prices. Other than being factually incorrect, it is incredibly stupid. Sometimes I think he is doing the greatest piece of performance art ever, or he is the dumbest man on the planet.