• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, I feel prompted to say: It's not just that I think his agenda is odious. For those that share his agenda, he keeps doing stupid shit that makes what he's trying to do harder for him (which I think is Bannon's problem with him). So we hate him for what he wants, but shouldn't the other side hate him for being horribly inept at accomplishing what he wants?

To be more specific, if you wanted to prevail in a difficult immigration discussion, wouldn't saying horrible shit that motivates your opposition and embarrasses your peers be the worst possible choice?

Haha! "I will surround myself with the best people, except for knowing how to mute a phone."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-struggles-with-muting-function-on-iran-conference-call-with-reporters/

What will it take for Schumer to realize that McConnell's "promise" is meaningless? 

I bet $100 (payable to National Immigration Law Center) that there will NOT be resolution on DREAMer legislation by the "promised" date of 2/8.  Anyone want to join or counter?

What will it take for Schumer to realize that McConnell's "promise" is meaningless? 

I bet $100 (payable to National Immigration Law Center) that there will NOT be resolution on DREAMer legislation by the "promised" date of 2/8.  Anyone want to join or counter?

I think he knows better than to place his trust in McConnell. He's pretty wily (although many will say the stop gap spending bill was another example of the democrat wuss-out). Chuck plays to appearances, he knows the game.

There are oh so many ways your prediction will come true. Things are just bizarre enough in politics right now- we might both be pleasantly surprised by how wrong you are, but it sure feels like a snowball in hell right now.

Typically, I watch the State of Union addresses - definitely will be skipping tonight. Honestly, I don't think I could get through it. Watched his address to Congress for a few minutes last year, but couldn't get through it all.

I made the same decision. We're headed to a mindfulness meeting instead. This months meeting is on the paradox of humility.

Typically, I watch the State of Union addresses - definitely will be skipping tonight. Honestly, I don't think I could get through it. Watched his address to Congress for a few minutes last year, but couldn't get through it all.

My co-workers and I were discussing if it's better to watch it and see the spectacle/keep track of the national conversation, or better to skip it and not give the pig better ratings.

Rating are very important to him so if enough people don't watch tonite, that message of him not being liked/loved will be noticed.

Rating are very important to him so if enough people don't watch tonite, that message of him not being liked/loved will be noticed.

It will be the "best and most watched State of the Union address in the history of the nation" regardless of what the actual numbers are.