• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, I don't miss Hixter when it comes to gun control debate. He refused to ever acknowledge there was a problem and parroted the typical responses.

But yes his contributions on other topics, as a conservative, are missed.

Honestly, I don't miss Hixter when it comes to gun control debate. He refused to ever acknowledge there was a problem and parroted the typical responses.

Me as well, I found his thoughts on guns a mere regurgitation of NRA talking points.  One of the most laughable things he ever said was something about bullet proof chalkboards that could be pulled down and used as a shield.  It baffles my mind that would be considered a solution.  

I love the NRA types who claim that arming teachers is the solution.  This of course does not do anything to solve or confront the issue of school shootings.  But what is most laughable is that we struggle to actually fund schools to buy pens and pencils and now we want to buy the teachers $500 guns?  Or is this gonna come out of teachers pockets as well?  This just points out the sheer idiocy of the NRA's stance on guns. 

I gave up when the slaughter of 20 six year olds didn't change anything. We're a fucking cold, cold hearted country.

Don't give up on the classmates of those kids. Their parents might not be willing to force change, but the kids who actually dodged the bullets and watched their friends die are rightfully furious and they'll be voting age before long.  I think young people are about to start cleaning up a whole bunch of different messes older generations, including my own, have created.

I shouldn't take such a cheap shot at the parents of the victims.  I know they wold make change if they could.  It's their (my) generation in general, and my parents generation who continue to demonstrate, opinion polls notwithstanding, that they don't give a shit.  

this idiot could easily have been among the dead, but he still thinks that he didn't do anything wrong and supports AR-15 ownership

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-snead-host-family-speaks/

"I knew he had five or six; I didn't know what kind they were. It didn't matter what kind of guns they were. I have guns. I respect guns as long as they're handled properly, safely. And one of the stipulations before moving in was to have a gun safe before he moved in," James said.

So this clown pretends to advocate for proper and a safe handling of guns, but he doesn't know know what kind of guns are in his house, or how many.  Sounds really proper and safe to me. 

"I knew he had five or six; I didn't know what kind they were. It didn't matter what kind of guns they were. I have guns. I respect guns as long as they're handled properly, safely. And one of the stipulations before moving in was to have a gun safe before he moved in," James said.

So this clown pretends to advocate for proper and a safe handling of guns, but he doesn't know know what kind of guns are in his house, or how many.  Sounds really proper and safe to me. 

He also says he thought he was the only one with a key to the gun safe, so he's definitely lying about something. Either the kid kept his guns in a different safe (or wherever), or the father didn't know what guns were in the safe that he had the "only" key to.

Bingo.

Does this guy (who was trying to do a good deed by taking the kid in, mind you) get it that he comes off as an idiot in this interview?

Bingo.

Does this guy (who was trying to do a good deed by taking the kid in, mind you) get it that he comes off as an idiot in this interview?

Probably not, and that's a good thing.  The more idiots they have spouting off, the easier it will be to win this fight.

This reads like a a message from the NRA: 

"I knew he had [an] assault rifle, but I knew he used it out hunting," James said.

"That seemed a reasonable thing," Blackstone said.

"It's his right to own a gun," James responded.

"You thought it was fine for a 19-year-old to have an AR-15?" Blackstone asked.

"It's his right to have it," James said.

"Do you feel any differently about that now?" Blackstone asked.

"No. Nope," James said.

But yes his contributions on other topics, as a conservative, are missed.

I recall Hixter's main point being "we already have a lot of gun laws in the books that we are not adequately enforcing, because we don't have the resources to adequately enforce them, so... what exactly is more legislation going to do, if we can't enforce the current legislation?"

I recall Hixter's main point being "we already have a lot of gun laws in the books that we are not adequately enforcing, because we don't have the resources to adequately enforce them, so... what exactly is more legislation going to do, if we can't enforce the current legislation?"

Which is a challenging charge and it's good of you to remember it here to keep this from being a choir convention. I do find it ironic that the party of "law and order" is suddenly fatalistic and hands off since the gun laws probably can't ever work, and no one should ever try to make a law if it's hard to enforce.

this idiot could easily have been among the dead, but he still thinks that he didn't do anything wrong and supports AR-15 ownership

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-snead-host-family-speaks/

The shooter also asked the son what classroom he was in at the end of the school day. Now that may mean he intended to stay away from where the son was, and spare his life....but it could as easily mean Cruz intended to seek him out as a special target. The son reportedly connected the dots when the shooting began, and got far away from the classroom he had told Cruz he'd be in. He survived. (No thanks to his parents)

Good lord, I mainly have terrible things to say about Marco Rubio, but for him to get up and share a mic with these victims and their families, live, in front of an audience, being filmed..... it's pretty courageous. He's in a really shitty position, and I'm eating that up, but I have to admit he's brave.

It's so obvious that history is being written right now.  And it couldn't be clearer who will be the heroes and who will be the villains, for all eternity, in this story.  And yet, people are still refusing to stand with these kids.

Hey look the President is trying to stop Bump Stocks

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

So we good with doing the absolute bare minimum?  I wonder what the NRA crowd thinks.  Is it something, yes, is it enough, no.    

They'll outlaw "bump stocks", but the gun manufacturers will just change the name of them, make them come in two pieces that you have to put together, and they'll do the exact same thing.

It's so obvious that history is being written right now.  And it couldn't be clearer who will be the heroes and who will be the villains, for all eternity, in this story.  And yet, people are still refusing to stand with these kids.

i watched some of the live facebook feed that CNN set up and reading some of the comments from people made me ill.