How are you east coasters doing with the bomb cyclone? Everybody have milk and bread? And electricity and heat?

Take care and check in with us. Tell us how it is where you are. I'm in southern CA in the most mellow of winters, and I can't even imagine that east coast cold! Elsewhere too, I know...Chicago like a deep freeze, snow in the south!

Be careful out there.

Yesterday, about 4pm, a McMansion went up in flames across the street from me. The smoke could be seen for miles. Everybody's ok but the home appears to be a total loss.

I know it's the firemans job but fighting fires in sub zero weather has just gotta suck.

We made it through without losing power yesterday, which was my one hope. Got a foot of snow here just north of Portland. Some good wind gusts, too. Other than my fear of losing power/heat, it felt like a pretty regular, good-size winter storm in Maine.

Zero degrees right now, with a wind chill of -17. That seems worse to me than yesterday's Bombogenesis.