We watched "Abducted in Plain Sight" last night. Crazy, crazy, crazy documentary. The 1970s were such a different time.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from watching "Vice." I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that. I kinda' knew (or assumed) a lot of the things in the movie went down the way they did. However, even removing my political bias and the fact that the people who made the movie obviously don't care for Dick Chaney, I thought it was absolutely great. The acting and production were fantastic. For me this year's best picture crop is kinda "meh," but out of the six best picture candidates I've seen this one may very well be my favorite. I still have to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Favourite" though. And Christian Bale is amazing as Dick Chaney. 

Yeah, the parents were full blown morons.

My wife and I were laughing out loud at points due to the absurdness (sad, but absurd) of a lot of it. Today they would be charged with crimes (abetting? negligence? idiocy?).

We watched "Abducted in Plain Sight" last night. Crazy, crazy, crazy documentary. The 1970s were such a different time.

We watched it last night and it is bonkers.  The parents certainly were naive but the criminal justice system didn't help much either.  

Finally saw "Bohemian Rhapsody." I don't see it as a best picture contender, but it was entertaining enough and the music was good. Now I just need to see "The Favourite" to have seen all of this year's best picture nominees.

Finally gotten around to watch that "Abducted in Plain Sight" doc - the person who irked me the most was the brother of that B dude -- he was just so flippant in the whole thing. I can't say I would protect any my siblings in the same way.