Saw Black Panther over the weekend.  Good movie -- but definitely suffered from overly heightened expectations.  While it was entertaining and interesting (especially for a superhero movie) it was far from the "masterpiece" that it's been hailed as.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched "Lucky" last night. But it was the wrong "Lucky."  I mistakenly watched the "Lucky" movie set in NYC (starring Bari Kang) where a nice cab driver/auto mechanic from India (nicknamed "Lucky") becomes a driver for a slime ball, hooker-killing, drug dealer.  No Harry Dean Stanton. No David Lynch.   I'm an idiot.

We enjoyed Lucky, too. Interesting characters, throughout.

Regarding Black Panther - I thought it was pretty awesome. It was my first superhero movie that I have seen, so I have nothing to compare it to, though. My wife and kid enjoyed it, too. 

I've been watching Wild Wild Country, the Netflix documentary about the Rajneesh. I remember some of it while it was happening but had no idea about how crazy it really was.

It has a great soundtrack too.

Yeah that’s a great show. Cults may be the only sane option left for us.

I've been watching Wild Wild Country, the Netflix documentary about the Rajneesh.  I remember some of it while it was happening but had no idea about how crazy it really was.  

This looks interesting - don't remember any of this happening at all.

Touching Evil (1997-1999)

This is a great series that I originally watched on PBS. 

I was surprised to see this appear on Amazon the other day. I say this as there are now 2 British streaming paysites.

There is also an American version of this show (2004). You can probably still find it on Youtube. It is also good. 

Watched "Nebraska" with Bruce Dern last night. I'm not sure if its a fair comparison but I liked "Lucky" with HDS about a thousand times more.

We watched Grand Budapest Hotel last night. Looking forward to watching it again soon to see what we missed the first time.

I've been watching Wild Wild Country, the Netflix documentary about the Rajneesh.  I remember some of it while it was happening but had no idea about how crazy it really was.  

all i remember was the Roll Royces that dude had.

yeah that shit was cray-cray. loved the documentary. brought up some very good points to consider.

Watched "Nebraska" with Bruce Dern last night.

next time you see him, tell him i say hello.

We watched Grand Budapest Hotel last night. Looking forward to watching it again soon to see what we missed the first time.

I love that movie! It's just as much fun the second time through.

The "Diversity and Inclusiveness Training" video that I was just forced to watch by my employer was so insightful and gosh darn it, on-target and righteous, that I will always be grateful for it being part of my life.

I watched two excellent documentaries recently.  The first is "Icarus" on Netflix -- about the Russian Olympic doping scandal.  The second was on MTV[!] - a career retrospective on R.E.M. that originally came out in 2014.

I watched two excellent documentaries recently.  The first is "Icarus" on Netflix -- about the Russian Olympic doping scandal.  The second was on MTV[!] - a career retrospective on R.E.M. that originally came out in 2014.

Icarus was fascinating.

We watched episode 1 of "Wild Wild Country" last night. The freaky part for me is the big beaming smiles on all the cult members faces. And the "materialistic spiritualism" statement made me laugh out loud. Looking forward to part 2 tonite.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin finished the two-part HBO documentary, "Elvis Presley: The Searcher." Highly recommended for fans of the King and of music in general. 

Justin finished the two-part HBO documentary, "Elvis Presley: The Searcher." Highly recommended for fans of the King and of music in general. 

Sling had free HBO this past weekend - so I caught this. Definitely an interesting doc. Never realized that that the Colonel was an illegal citizen. Definitely a sad story. 

We watched episode 1 of "Wild Wild Country" last night. The freaky part for me is the big beaming smiles on all the cult members faces. And the "materialistic spiritualism" statement made me laugh out loud. Looking forward to part 2 tonite.

We just finished the last episode last night. It's a bit dragged out but interesting, nonetheless.

Yeah I agree, I kept falling asleep during the last two episodes. While growing up, I don't remember hearing about any of this stuff. Interesting story, though. That main lady was pretty ruthless - I guess one would want her on one's side if you gonna lead a movement...