So Who's Marching?

The anniversary of us coming under trump's tiny thumb is nothing to celebrate, but the coming together of so many in resistance is! :thumbup So I'll be out there tomorrow, marching in L.A.

Voting with my face! Hello, count me please, I'm here. I support a much saner government as soon as possible because I'm tired of all this "winning"!  :rolleyes

How about the rest of you? Are you marching somewhere?

trump, he's a dick

Me and my family marched in Chicago. Crowd didn't appear to be the same massive size as last year but there were still a lot of folks and a lot of smiles and good positive intelligent energy.

My daughter and I dropped off my wife and her friend in downtown Denver. Last year both of the girls in my family marched, but alas our little Edie is a toddler and hasn't the patience to be worn like a backpack.

It sounds like it was a pretty big display with some positive vibes, solidarity and everything you'd want out of such a political occasion. Favorite sign she spotted: "Tweet people how you want to be tweeted".

Me and my family marched in Chicago. Crowd didn't appear to be the same massive size as last year but there were still a lot of folks and a lot of smiles and good positive intelligent energy.

I read that there were more people yesterday than there was last year. 

I read that too. My wife and I sorta chuckled over it. Based on our experience last year (it was actually scary crowded at one point) and our experience yesterday (we watched the entire march go by while hanging out in Federal plaza), there appeared to be much less people this year. I could be wrong, who knows. It was still cool and I hope it gave the entire GOP administration heartburn and palpitations.

We (my wife, sixth graders and me) marched last year. We sat it out yesterday, but we will be very motivated come fall to work and vote for Democratic candidates at every level. I say this as someone who, up until Trump won the nomination, was a registered Republican. I have watched the GOP in Iowa and in the nation push the most radical agenda of my lifetime. I have some conservative tendencies, but this current incarnation of the GOP is beyond the pale.

I read that too. My wife and I sorta chuckled over it. Based on our experience last year (it was actually scary crowded at one point) and our experience yesterday (we watched the entire march go by while hanging out in Federal plaza), there appeared to be much less people this year. I could be wrong, who knows. It was still cool and I hope it gave the entire GOP administration heartburn and palpitations.

Yesterday was the biggest ever Chicago Women's March - Period!

• 5 months later...

We had a great time marching for families in Long Beach this morning. 

36389729_10156366584829840_4032602110552965120_n.jpg

That's me w/ my 2 awesome kids, my 1st generation Mexican-American wife, and my once-illegal mother-in-law who became a citizen under Reagan's amnesty program in the mid 80's. 

My mother-in-law came to the US in '69 with 3 little kids.  My wife was the first of 2 born here.  Of those 5 kids, she raised a Marine (who later became a master electrician), a labor & delivery nurse (RN), a bilingual elementary school teacher, a university professor (my wife), and a doctor (the baby of the family, of course). 

Fuck anyone who says "illegals" are bad for America and fuck anyone who thinks it's ok to pull kids away from their families solely because of their immigration status.

We had a great time marching for families in Long Beach this morning. 

attachicon.gif36389729_10156366584829840_4032602110552965120_n.jpg

That's me w/ my 2 awesome kids, my 1st generation Mexican-American wife, and my once-illegal mother-in-law who became a citizen under Reagan's amnesty program in the mid 80's. 

My mother-in-law came to the US in '69 with 3 little kids.  My wife was the first of 2 born here.  Of those 5 kids, she raised a Marine (who later became a master electrician), a labor & delivery nurse (RN), a bilingual elementary school teacher, a university professor (my wife), and a doctor (the baby of the family, of course). 

Fuck anyone who says "illegals" are bad for America and fuck anyone who thinks it's ok to pull kids away from their families solely because of their immigration status.

Thank you for marching! My husband and I marched in L.A. and as usual, the march gave me back my faith in humanity! There are many, many good and decent Americans who oppose the travesties of this government. 

PS - I love your hat! :thumbup

PS - I love your hat! :thumbup

Lol, thanks. I was bummed that no one commented to me about it, but I think that's largely due to my height. Oh well, I still have the t-shirt and bumper sticker for that!