• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 years ago today. I like the previous night better, though I realize most people prefer this show. Frost box set one day? Hmm.

https://archive.org/details/gd82-10-10.sbd.sacks.338.sbefail.shnf

10/10/82 - Frost Amphitheater, Palo Alto, CA

I: Minglewood Blues-> Sugaree-> Little Red Rooster, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Loser, Far From Me, Looks Like Rain-> China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider

II: Playin' In The Band-> Crazy Fingers-> Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Touch Of Gray-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away-> Black Peter-> Sugar Magnolia, E:Satisfaction-> E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

37 years ago today. I like the previous night better, though I realize most people prefer this show. Frost box set one day? Hmm.

https://archive.org/details/gd82-10-10.sbd.sacks.338.sbefail.shnf

10/10/82 - Frost Amphitheater, Palo Alto, CA

I: Minglewood Blues-> Sugaree-> Little Red Rooster, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Loser, Far From Me, Looks Like Rain-> China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider

II: Playin' In The Band-> Crazy Fingers-> Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Touch Of Gray-> Drums-> The Wheel-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away-> Black Peter-> Sugar Magnolia, E:Satisfaction-> E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

I've been listening to this one a bunch lately, I especially love the smokin' Minglewood opener!  They could've used that one in the opening slot alot more, IMO. Slides into a real strong Sugaree, too.  What a great place to see the Dead, only caught them there once, the last year in 1989, that was a good high day!

I've been listening to this one a bunch lately, I especially love the smokin' Minglewood opener!  They could've used that one in the opening slot alot more, IMO. Slides into a real strong Sugaree, too.  What a great place to see the Dead, only caught them there once, the last year in 1989, that was a good high day!

Have you heard the previous night? Pretty much my go-to versions of Alabama > Greatest Story, On The Road Again, West L.A. and Throwing Stones >

Touch Of Grey. Decent Morning Dew toward the end, too!

Have you heard the previous night? Pretty much my go-to versions of Alabama > Greatest Story, On The Road Again, West L.A. and Throwing Stones >

I have and will give the whole thing another spin at your rec.  I like to do composite compilations of stuff from a given year and these shows were high on the list for my 1982 ones.

Music Never Stopped 10-9 Frost

Bertha 8-10 Iowa

Minglewood 10-10 Frost

Sugaree 10-10 Frost

Beat It On Down The Line 8-10 Iowa

They Love Each Other 4-14 Glenn Falls

Mama Tried 4-6 Philly

Candyman 4-6 Philly

Lazy Lightning 8-6 St Paul

Jackaroe 4-6 Philly

To Lay Me Down 8-3 Kansas City

Women Are Smarter 8-3 KC

Let It Grow 9-11 West Palm Beach

Deal 10-9 Frost

China>Rider 10-10 Frost

Playin' 10-10 Frost

Crazy Fingers 10-10 Frost

Sailor>Saint 10-10 Frost

Space 9-17 Portland ME

Spanish jam 9-17 Portland

Other One 9-17 Portland

Going Down The Road 9-17 Portland

Morning Dew 9-17 Portland

Sugar Mags 9-17 Portland

US Blues 9-17 Portland

Brokedown Palace 9-24 Syracuse

Just received the Giants box; this time I had to pay about additional $40 in customs...I guess is a thing of POTUS fines against Europe as 0 cents were charged for the NW Pacific box. As a consequence, I will return to illegal d/l. I'm sorry, Dead HQ

Re: 10-9-82 Frost.  I liked it better than I remembered!  Strangely, the Dupree's stood out for me.  This seems to be a pretty much mistake free show, except for Bob in Truckin' [what's new? :) ] and Jerry is really solid in his playing throughout.  Not as many peak crescendos on a casual listen. I like the middle jam in the proto Throwing Stones, too.  I'm not usually a fan of the early versions of songs, like the In The Dark songs in '82 and '83, but this was a welcome change of arrangement for me.  Thanks for the rec!

Re: 10-9-82 Frost.  I liked it better than I remembered!  Strangely, the Dupree's stood out for me.  This seems to be a pretty much mistake free show, except for Bob in Truckin' [what's new? :) ] and Jerry is really solid in his playing throughout.  Not as many peak crescendos on a casual listen. I like the middle jam in the proto Throwing Stones, too.  I'm not usually a fan of the early versions of songs, like the In The Dark songs in '82 and '83, but this was a welcome change of arrangement for me.  Thanks for the rec!

My pleasure. I think that was one of the first versions of Dupree's I ever heard, oddly enough.

I always preferred those early versions of Throwin' & Touch...especially after In The Dark came out. Not a fan of the keys on the official Big Commercial Hit version of Touch...but I guess that's part of what made it commercially viable...?

Well, that new Dave's Pick sold out PDQ. Should be a good 'un.

Man oh man, I can't believe how many people actually like that Dave guy. He just might be the single most annoying representative (of a product or company I'm actually interested in) ever to grace the airwaves. Yikes.