2,000 more this time around, I think (22,000 total).

Also Dead.net has been having a lot of issue with shipping, which I am sure is putting off a lot of potential purchasers. 

My copy is scheduled to be shipped this Saturday.

Finally got the Garcia Vol. 12 in from my library --- just threw it on - 1st impressions with Expressway - I like it. The vox are indeed a bit all over the place, but Garcia is complementing her nicely. The drums and bass are sounding great.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Dave's #33 a few days early today. Pleasant surprise! Just started a 3 day weekend and although I'm super familiar with this show it's something to look forward to.

Seems weird there is only about 25 minutes of music on disc 2. I'm not sure I've seen that before. 

Dave's 23 - 1.22.78 comes close -- about 26 minutes. I am all for filler.     #33 was in yesterday's mail - looking forward to hearing it; the show was one of my 1st tapes. I played the hell out it for long while.

CD 2:

• Bertha (Garcia / Hunter)
  • Good Lovin' (Clark / Resnick)
  • Ship of Fools (Garcia / Hunter)
  • Samson and Delilah (Traditional)

I don't see a problem with it -- if you don't want to hear the filler on Disc 2, just get up and change it, which one will have to do anyways....

I have the below Dick's Pick and it has filler on disc 2.

Dick's Picks, Volume Thirteen Grateful Dead Initial release : March 1999

Grateful Dead Records GDCD-4033

Three CD set of the May 6, 1981 show at Nassau Coliseum

•  
Disc 2
  • New Minglewood Blues (Traditional arr. Weir)
  • High Time (Garcia/Hunter)
  • Lost Sailor (Weir/Barlow)
  • Saint Of Circumstance (Weir/Barlow)
    Hidden tracks - from Nov 1, 1979
  • Scarlet Begonias (Garcia/Hunter)
  • Fire On The Mountain (Hart/Hunter)

I don't see a problem with it -- if you don't want to hear the filler on Disc 2, just get up and change it, which one will have to do anyways....

I have the below Dick's Pick and it has filler on disc 2.

Dick's Picks, Volume Thirteen Grateful Dead Initial release : March 1999

Grateful Dead Records GDCD-4033

Three CD set of the May 6, 1981 show at Nassau Coliseum

•  
Disc 2
  • New Minglewood Blues (Traditional arr. Weir)
  • High Time (Garcia/Hunter)
  • Lost Sailor (Weir/Barlow)
  • Saint Of Circumstance (Weir/Barlow)

Hidden tracks - from Nov 1, 1979

• Scarlet Begonias (Garcia/Hunter)
  • Fire On The Mountain (Hart/Hunter)

Not just any Scar Fire, a 35 minute Scar Fire!   :dj

Dead and Company dates released yesterday, hope the Wrigley shows this summer are as good as they were last year!

Last summer was the 1st time I skipped D&C - will be heading to Wrigley this summer. 

Posted over in Now Playing but it's the 50th anniversary of 2/13/70 - my fave Dark Star.

Pure magic. This DS played a large role in sucking me onto the bus.

It is, simply put, one of the best dead shows of all time.  The entire second set is absolutely fantastic, probably my favorite dark star of all time.

Oh yes. Isn't this in the '73 Winterland box set? That box set is way up at or near the top of my favorites.

New box set is June 76. Not my favorite year but I'm sure there will be some gems. A rare GD Mission in the Rain. Don't plan on buying but will give it a listen.

https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html

I'm not running to buy this one and I was at the two Beacon shows. I always buy them if there's a show I was at but IDK about June 1976. But in a few days or so I will have probably bought it. It's ingrained in my brain and my credit card.

Some really great stuff in June 1976, but lots of very average or below average.

The problem I have with this release is that all of the june 1976 run is available in high quality soundboards, audiences, and matrixes.

How about they release 19 February 1973 with an uncut Other One and the missing first set which you know must of had an intense Playin' based on Jerry's maniacal playing during the He's Gone Truckin Other One Eyes China SMag...

I've been yammering about 6/14/76 getting an official release for forever so I'm pretty stoked that it's finally happening. My favorite Help Slip Frank, my favorite Crazy fingers, and a killer Playin', for starters. 6/15 & 6/19 I have played to death on cassette as well for over 30 years. I think this is a good pick for a box set.

Now, if we could only get a Greek Theater retrospective box set that would be the bomb. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the 51st anniversary of the show that gave us Dark Star > St. Stephen from Live/Dead. Play it loud!

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grateful-dead-dark-star-st-stephen-2-27-1969/

And this:

"The Grateful Dead have managed to accomplish a feat that’s almost unheard of in the music industry. The band that rose to fame largely outside the usual industry framework studio releases and album sales has now had 100 different albums land on the Billboard 200 chart in the United States.

You read that correctly: the Dead, who took 22 years just to produce their first Top 10 hit single, have now accomplished what almost no other recording artist has ever managed to reach thanks to their latest archival release."

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grateful-dead-100th-album-billboard-chart/

Starting to get excited about the upcoming Dave's 34 from 6/23/74. I think I was already familiar with so many shows from the era that this one slipped by me, but the comments on headyversion about the versions of To Lay Me Down and Ship of Fools are very encouraging. And the bonus material from the previous night, including Eyes & Wharf Rat, sounds pretty awesome.

As someone who's more of a Jerry guy than a Bobby guy, I've always felt like there are "Jerry" shows and "Bobby" shows. This one looks to be a Jerry show!

• 2 weeks later...

Stay safe folks. The thing is getting scary here at the other side of the pool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHcTDq1GqII&feature=youtu.be

Washing all the Hands

Some folks trust their doctor
Others trust their gut
I don?t trust nothing
Cuz I know we?re in a rut

Say it once again now
Whoa I hope you understand
Before it?s done and over
Please just wash your fucking hands!