• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete shows on 19 discs! Now I have a decision to make: this, or the complete Phish Baker's Dozen, both, or neither??? Hmm...

Seems like an old fashioned no brainer. You get two versions of Money Money on this doozy.

Complete shows on 19 discs! Now I have a decision to make: this, or the complete Phish Baker's Dozen, both, or neither??? Hmm...

I'm trying to figure out if the physical set is worth the extra $80 over the digital files. I'm not the type to burn the discs and resell the whole thing, and I know from experience with things like the May 77 box that came out last year, that I take a look at the booklet once, and then it's on the shelf for the rest of time.

I think I'm going to forego the physical box set this time. 

I'm trying to figure out if the physical set is worth the extra $80 over the digital files. I'm not the type to burn the discs and resell the whole thing, and I know from experience with things like the May 77 box that came out last year, that I take a look at the booklet once, and then it's on the shelf for the rest of time.

I think I'm going to forego the physical box set this time. 

I don't have the physical space for it, but I don't feel like I really *have it* unless I have the physical media to hold and look at. I am someone who will sit with the album cover and inserts or cd book most of the time when I'm listening. Which is why I don't have Sonos or have all my music stream or in some digital server. So for me, it's get the physical box or probably not at all. I wish the Baker's Dozen and this box weren't both teasing me at the same time. Damn.  :headbonk

I don't have the physical space for it, but I don't feel like I really *have it* unless I have the physical media to hold and look at. I am someone who will sit with the album cover and inserts or cd book most of the time when I'm listening. Which is why I don't have Sonos or have all my music stream or in some digital server. So for me, it's get the physical box or probably not at all. I wish the Baker's Dozen and this box weren't both teasing me at the same time. Damn.  :headbonk

Ha. You just flipped me into getting the physical copy before it's sold out.

Done. Now I'm going to grab the Baker's Dozen box. Expensive day for me. 

Indeed -- that Baker's Dozen set does look nice ---- it's nice that the re-mixed/mastered it for this release, too. 

I just noticed it's $500. Yikes. 

Yeah - I thought you already knew that ----- that's why I made my remaster/mix statement. At least they put some effort into it -- many have already bought the 'right after the show downloads'. I am guessing the set will sound much better -- at $500, it better.

Up at Dead.net, too.

I ordered it -- no issues, either -- which is odd for dead.net

Yeah, I swiped one too. A bit of a problem at first but it's done and done now!

I'm not dropping $500 for the Bakers Dozen, as much as I'd like to. I'm sure the remasters will sound awesome. But also too rich for my blood. That's a lot of freaking money.

Don't know if you do aud., but there's always the Charlie Miller auds....He taped all of the BD shows. I believ he made MP3s and one big etree torrent available.