• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winston -- Harmon Killebrew, Alex Rodriguez and Ken Griffey Jr.?

1 out of 3 ain't bad...

Alex Rodriguez is correct. One of the other correct names isn't someone you'd probably associate with HRs, but might be the greatest hitter of all time. 

Harmon was 39 at his last at bat. 

Griffey did play after turning 40, but never put one out of the park after that birthday.

1 out of 3 ain't bad...

Alex Rodriguez is correct. One of the other correct names isn't someone you'd probably associate with HRs, but might be the greatest hitter of all time. 

Ted Williams and Frank Thomas

NL West

Dogers

Colorado

Arizona

Giants

Padres

My dad and I literally did this same ranking in unison this morning. I love how the Giants suck now, but they'll be a force again some season soon. God damned Dodgers pitching can't be stopped though.

Go Rockies!

Great opening day --- Shields actually settled down and the White Sox hit 6 homers --- Don't stop now, boys! (Yeah, it's a lame expression,  but whatever.)

The below is pretty cool -- his first opening day start, too. Two others hit 3 homers on opening day, but they did it in April.

The White Sox' Matt Davidson became the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit three home runs in a game in March.

Go White Sox!

Go figure - Shields gives up 4 runs in the 1st...

Go White Sox!

But when you score 14 with 6 HR you can give up 4 in the first.

On the Cubs note (even through they beat the AAA Marlins), should I be worried about Lester and the circus that is Kyle Schwarber in left?

On the Cubs note (even through they beat the AAA Marlins), should I be worried about Lester and the circus that is Kyle Schwarber in left?

In a word, "no."  The Cubs are loaded.  And you can't begin to imagine how much it hurts me to say that!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up so we can finally kill the 2017 MLB Thread once and for all.  Unless Lammy resurrects it again.  

so, Rizzo is out until 4/16 (or later).  Funny I don't seem too worried.  

Yep, sorry. Got confused. Whoever started it should just lock it.

re: Rizzo. It'll probably be best for him to take the 10 day DL and pretend like the season is just starting when he gets back, anyway.

t_read_dot.pngMLB 2017  

Started by Lammycat, 06 Apr 2017 

Cripes.

Ok, locked. 

Anybody here do the MLB package (for streams) as compared to the Extra Innings package? Considering doing the single team one for Red Sox with the home broadcast (love Remy and Dave O'brien is no Don Orsillo, but he's good)) for $90 (as they'd be blocking out Rockies games anyway). 

I am. I'll post more about what I can get with my Comcast MLB Extra Innings HD package in a bit. (at eye doc now)

Cool, thanks. I'd like to pull the trigger before tonight's NYY/BOS series starts. I've been to the site and read up on it but still not sure how it works with Amazon Firestick, etc.