I watched it on the news last night. I, literally, get none of the Rockies games due to the basic DirecTv package my wife has us on. I need to change it.

The Dock Ellis documentary was a fun watch. Todd Snider has a neat little tune in honor of the event, as well, called "America's Favorite Pastime."

And The Baseball Project's homage to Dock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJ4Yc7Ensg

As the title suggests, the song is about the time Dock beaned (or attempted to bean) the first 5 Reds batters in a game in 1974. Murtaugh took him out after 11 pitches, all of which were at the first 5 Reds' players.

One of my favorite BP songs - great, heavy guitar riff.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

White Sox's Friday/Saturday/ Sunday games all canceled due to snow ---- I think the Twins should have went with the retractable-roof route.  

Now I just read that the next two Twins/Indians games will be played in Puerto Rico.

I think the Twins should have went with the retractable-roof route.  

Totally agree, but then again, I'm not a Minnesota taxpayer. They've put out a lot of money for the baseball stadium, a new college football stadium, a new Vikings stadium, and now a new MLS stadium.

Red Sox have the best record in mlb, closely followed by the NYM. It's obviously way too early, but man that'd be great to see a WS between the two, again.

15-2. 

It's been amazing watching this team so far this year. Walloping the second-best team in the AL the last 2 nights 10-1 and 9-0. They seem to have all facets of the game covered offensively and defensively. Even if the ride ends soon, it's been a fun start to the season.

How did they get no hit yesterday?

They were not able to get a hit off Manaea. That doesn't take away from their torrid start to the season, imo, but it certainly slowed them down, as did their loss yesterday.

They were not able to get a hit off Manaea. 

Thank you Captain Obvious.  

It was more a question of disbelief.  I think they are at the top or near the top every offensive category and the hottest team in baseball.  It seems odd that a big drop would happen.  Though I doubt it will last long, this is just a slight bump in what looks like a great season for the Red Sox

Thank you Captain Obvious.  

It was more a question of disbelief.  I think they are at the top or near the top every offensive category and the hottest team in baseball.  It seems odd that a big drop would happen.  Though I doubt it will last long, this is just a slight bump in what looks like a great season for the Red Sox

It was cool to watch it go down, though I'll cop to texting a few people to let them know a no-hitter was in progress.....

It was cool to watch it go down, though I'll cop to texting a few people to let them know a no-hitter was in progress.....

I wonder if the Red Sox weren't taking a sub 500 team seriously and were returning to the beer, chicken and video game days.   

I wonder if the Red Sox weren't taking a sub 500 team seriously and were returning to the beer, chicken and video game days.   

Some questionable decisions by Cora not pinch-hitting  a power hitter or 2 deep into the game yesterday(Betts? Ramirez?) , but ultimately, just a couple of losses.That no hitter was probably the shakiest one I've seen, too.

It's been a horrible start for the White Sox. The below is crazy and scary. Hopefully he pulls through, fine. Can't imagine being in the dugout watching his collapse unfold.

White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar remained in stable but critical condition Sunday after surgery on Saturday at Rush University Medical Center. Farquhar has been hospitalized since Friday, when he suffered a brain hemorrhage in the dugout caused by a ruptured aneurysm.

It's been a horrible start for the White Sox. The below is crazy and scary. Hopefully he pulls through, fine. Can't imagine being in the dugout watching his collapse unfold.

Yeah, it is horrible. I hope he can pull through it.

One of the great things about going to a game at Fenway is organist Josh Kantor.  He's been in a bunch of bands, sits in with everyone from the Baseball Project to the Boston Pops, and he takes requests (via twitter) during the game.  

At tonight's game someone just requested Spiders and he responded "I mean... everybody loves an 11-minute song that pretty much only has one note, right? Stick around; I'll sneak it in at the end."

Good article on Mookie Betts' hot start and comparisons to trout. Looking forward to the series against NYY starting tonight, as the NYY have been pn fire of late:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2774615-mookie-betts-has-become-mike-trouts-clone-in-race-for-mlbs-best-player?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• 3 weeks later...

Red Sox DFA Hanley Ramirez to make room for Dustin Pedroia's return. Guaranteed he'll get scooped up by the Mets.

I'm a bit torn over this decision. He had really good numbers against the Yankees, but he can lose interest quickly and produce jack shit. I understand the money part of it & hope that a move comes of it. The Ramirez-Martinez tandem was fun to watch while it lasted....

Red Sox DFA Hanley Ramirez to make room for Dustin Pedroia's return. Guaranteed he'll get scooped up by the Mets.

I'm a bit torn over this decision. He had really good numbers against the Yankees, but he can lose interest quickly and produce jack shit. I understand the money part of it & hope that a move comes of it. The Ramirez-Martinez tandem was fun to watch while it lasted....

Yeah, my immediate reaction was that I'm bummed but as I looked into his numbers this year (including his contract) I totally get it.  

Yeah, my immediate reaction was that I'm bummed but as I looked into his numbers this year (including his contract) I totally get it.  

Exact same reaction. Kinda had to be done....

My boy Rizzo is on track to have one of the strangest seasons anyone has ever had - he's flirting with The Mendoza Line (currently .213) but he has 32 RBIs in 48 games (of which he's only played in 39). He *could* be the first player to hit .200 or a shade above and still get 100 RBIS. I do think he'll eventually heat up with the BA, but still...really weird.