Anyone else see the Cubs game last night? One of the announcers called a Kris Bryant home run and I'll be damned, Bryant stepped up and hit one. Too cool.

I did see that. Jim DeShaies called it. Did you see that dude at the game tonight pull a Bartman on Rizzo chasing the foul ball? OMG, I'm glad that didn't cost them the game!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the universe is kind we'll see the Rox and the Brewers emerge victorious.

That is a funny way to spell Cubs.

But what a day for baseball. Too bad the Cubs v Brewers is at noon.

Prediction the Cubs and Rockies will win tomorrow.

Prediction the Cubs and Rockies will win tomorrow.

Hopefully you'll be 50% correct at this point. Tough pitching the Cubs faced from the 6th on today. Home from work sick and enjoying these tie-breakers.

Hopefully you'll be 50% correct at this point. Tough pitching the Cubs faced from the 6th on today. Home from work sick and enjoying these tie-breakers.

Yeah not even 50%

Man the Brewers looked awfully good. Yelich is hands down the MVP and the 12 year old that they have managing them is you NL manager of the year.

Yeah not even 50%

Man the Brewers looked awfully good. Yelich is hands down the MVP and the 12 year old that they have managing them is you NL manager of the year.

And Mookie and Cora for A.L.

Oh, and can you please predict a Cubs win for tonight? ;)

Oh, and can you please predict a Cubs win for tonight? ;)

The Rockies are gonna have a hard go of it tonight.  Of course the Cubs bats are a mystery to me.  They could score one run or 14.  If they just got consistent run production they would be unstoppable.  Kinda like the team to the North.  

Go Brewers!

Tough game last night -- I couldn't stay up for the game -- was hoping to see that they won. The Cubs got lucky quite bit last night and could not capitalize - pretty frustrating. 

Go Brewers!

Tough game last night -- I couldn't stay up for the game -- was hoping to see that they won. The Cubs got lucky quite bit last night and could not capitalize - pretty frustrating. 

Pretty sure the Commissioner had a hand in some of those calls on the field. It was nice to see home town kid Freeland rise to the occasion in such a setting.

Also, when Zoberist slid back to first - the umpire called him out - replay showed he was safe, but I saw some games where a call that close wasn't overturned.

But also, the Rockies made some mistakes on their own, and the Cubs could not capitalize. Especially the non-catch by the Rockies right-fielder, Baez could have called for interference with his hug, too. 

It was just a frustrating game to watch and I am not really a Cubs fan.

Maddon should stick around, too. 

The slide into 2nd by Butera, for one obvious one. Even the replay shows he was safe.

So you think there was some conspiracy to give the cubs the win?   :rolleyes

I felt the calls were fairly decent across the board.  Not all perfect, but consistent.  Which is what you desire in a game.  

Maddon should stick around, too. 

calls for Maddon to lose his job are down right silly.  Anyone who thinks that did not see the Cubs this season and what they actually overcame.  

So you think there was some conspiracy to give the cubs the win?   :rolleyes

I felt the calls were fairly decent across the board.  Not all perfect, but consistent.  Which is what you desire in a game.  

calls for Maddon to lose his job are down right silly.  Anyone who thinks that did not see the Cubs this season and what they actually overcame.  

Kidding on any "conspiracy," but you know no one in MLB headquarters is pumped to see a Brewers/Rockies series. Cubs/Brewers would be better for ratings, obviously.

And, agree with the Maddon silliness. Epstein is no fool....

Kidding on any "conspiracy," but you know no one in MLB headquarters is pumped to see a Brewers/Rockies series. Cubs/Brewers would be better for ratings, obviously.

True that.  

It will probably be a Brewers/A's World Series too, in which no one outside of Oakland or Milwaukee will watch.  

True that.  

It will probably be a Brewers/A's World Series too, in which no one outside of Oakland or Milwaukee will watch.  

As a BOS fan I would love to see a showdown with the NYY, personally, as going through and defeating NYY is the sweetest path to victory, imo.

The Cubs should use this choke job to come back stronger than ever next year. Basically, both teams that you faced on Monday & Tuesday punched their card to get into the postseason on your home turf. Cubs hitting just wasn't there. 3 hits on Monday & 6 last night.

I'll make this quick, but last night I went over to a friend's place to hang out & they don't have ESPN, so I DVRed the Wild Card game. I didn't listen to the radio on the way home & didn't get home till 1:05 when I turned on my TV and I heard the audio of the announcer saying that the Rockies had won. lol. I still watched the game on fast forward for the most part. It was another great Wild Card game featuring the Rockies, but nothing like the one from 2007 vs the Padres.

As far as the Red Sox go, I feel like New York is acting pretty cocky by putting in Severino tonight and not J.A. Happ who has pitched remarkably well. It looks like they're setting the rotation for the ALDS & not taking the A's seriously. I'm a huge Sox fan, but I don't see them getting to the ALCS. Their starting pitching right now is a question mark with Sale & that bullpen is a mess. So I feel like it's going to be a rematch of last year's ALCS. No way Sox could beat Astros. Yankees very well could. Sorry Indians fans, but their bullpen has been questionable too in the past week.

And that Brewers-Rockies NLDS feels like what should have been the NLCS. Not feeling it for that Braves-Dodgers series. Dodgers look like they should win that one easily.

The whole "Cult of Theo" narrative is starting to wear me out.  Has he been successful with two franchises that hadn't won a World Series for decades until he got there?  Absolutely.  But he's benefited tremendously from working for ownership that has essentially given him a blank check to assemble a team.  Jason Heyward?  Terrible signing/contract.   Tyler Chatwood?  Terrible signing/contract.  Signing two pitchers with a history of injuries (Morrow and Darvish) to mega contracts?  Terrible decisions that ownership allowed him to partially erase by spending even even more money to obtain Murphy and Hamels.   Don't get me wrong, Theo is very good at his job (and seems like a cool guy -- which is very important to his team's fan base), but I wonder how successful he would have been had he worked in smaller markets like Pittsburgh and Milwaukee rather than in Boston and on the north side of Chicago.

The Cubs should use this choke job to come back stronger than ever next year. Basically, both teams that you faced on Monday & Tuesday punched their card to get into the postseason on your home turf. Cubs hitting just wasn't there. 3 hits on Monday & 6 last night.

I'll make this quick, but last night I went over to a friend's place to hang out & they don't have ESPN, so I DVRed the Wild Card game. I didn't listen to the radio on the way home & didn't get home till 1:05 when I turned on my TV and I heard the audio of the announcer saying that the Rockies had won. lol. I still watched the game on fast forward for the most part. It was another great Wild Card game featuring the Rockies, but nothing like the one from 2007 vs the Padres.

As far as the Red Sox go, I feel like New York is acting pretty cocky by putting in Severino tonight and not J.A. Happ who has pitched remarkably well. It looks like they're setting the rotation for the ALDS & not taking the A's seriously. I'm a huge Sox fan, but I don't see them getting to the ALCS. Their starting pitching right now is a question mark with Sale & that bullpen is a mess. So I feel like it's going to be a rematch of last year's ALCS. No way Sox could beat Astros. Yankees very well could. Sorry Indians fans, but their bullpen has been questionable too in the past week.

And that Brewers-Rockies NLDS feels like what should have been the NLCS. Not feeling it for that Braves-Dodgers series. Dodgers look like they should win that one easily.

The Sox have made up for pitching (when called upon) with offense all year with their bats. They lost 3 games in a row once last season? OI see no reason they can't take the Astros if that ends up being the case. Vegas has odds on the Sox, as well. Not much over HOU, but over HOU.