Yes, the Tampa Bay pitching shut them down the last weekend of August.

And in September they lost their series to the Indians, Astros & Yankees twice which gives me the sentiment that I have for a quick playoff run. The pitching from these teams shut them down.

One last thing regarding the Yankees-A's: I wonder if starting Severino will give someone like switch hitter Jed Lowrie a HR by hitting left & the right field of Yankee Stadium in play.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really tough. I know that the Sox have home field advantage, but I do not see them as the favorite here. Even with 108 regular season wins.

I agree. MLB's best pitching (HOU) vs. MLB's best offense (BOS). Going to be a great series, regardless of outcome.

I don't like the fact that Kimbrel has gone from a lights-out closer to being the reincarnation of Mitch Williams.   

No doubt. On edge every appearance this post season. He's been bailed out more than once, too. 

My dad thinks that Red Sox 1B Steve Pearce looks like "that Wilco guy". I can kind of see it in the face.

I thought that this would go 7 too. I just didn't think the Red Sox would be up 3-1. I also didn't think that they'd get by the Yankees. They seem to be out there to prove a point to all the naysayers. I'm always expecting the bullpen to blow it. I've seen each one of them give up plenty of runs this year & especially in September. It's bound to happen at some point this month.

Yeah, amazing Game 4. Probably the best Red Sox postseason game I've seen. It had everything. I'm happy to be close to 40 & not a youngster, since these games seem to be late night marathons aka bedtime. This could be why baseball seems to have trouble to maintain young fans. Just happy to see Benintendi's catch in real time & not on the morning news or the ESPN App.

I'll say Sox in 6.

Not a lot of folks posting in this thread the past week....

The World Series this year just seems a bit meh. I guess the Dodger and Sox just seem so boring and predictable.  I would have really liked to see how Milwaukee would have done in the series.  

The World Series this year just seems a bit meh. I guess the Dodger and Sox just seem so boring and predictable.  I would have really liked to see how Milwaukee would have done in the series.  

Here's to many more boring and predictable Red Sox 108-win regular seasons!

I liked watching MIL, too, but they weren't the best in the NL.

I like the Red Sox to win in 7..  If Kimbrel continues to struggle, Boston could find itself on the short end of the stick.

I read that Eric Gagne (remember him?) noticed something in Kimbrel's motion that was tipping his pitches and alerted Cora.  He looked pretty good last night.  

I read that Eric Gagne (remember him?) noticed something in Kimbrel's motion that was tipping his pitches and alerted Cora.  He looked pretty good last night.  

That could make sense. I thought Kimbrel was rattled due to being used in the ALCS and ALDS in non-closer roles, too, though.