Least favorite WILCO song

Woodgrain

I just read through the whole thread, and I'm shocked that it hasn't even been mentioned. Or if someone did, I missed their post.

Seriously, that is a turd so large it's hard to believe JT himself laid it.

I love it. Reminds me of something Robert Pollard would unleash on a whim. Put those lyrics over grand production and it would be a disaster, but those throw-away lines over little beeps and strums sounds like you're right inside of a charming shrug.

I don't think we're trying to convince each other of anything here, but I'm glad you brought it up. I'm sure a lot of people can agree starting a song with "I am not a poet, and I know it." Followed by "Sometimes I write, sometimes I don't" is not strong material.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Woodgrain

I just read through the whole thread, and I'm shocked that it hasn't even been mentioned. Or if someone did, I missed their post.

Seriously, that is a turd so large it's hard to believe JT himself laid it.

Oh man I completely forgot about that song.

There are some rough patches on Sky Blue Sky and Wilco The Album that have been dunked upon here plenty and I don’t have much to say other than I agree (Shake it Off, Leave Me, What Light, You Never Know, You & I, Sonny Feeling). But the one I really don’t like is a B-side that eventually became a great song (it was re-written as Summer Teeth) and that is Tried and True, which has always been nails on a chalkboard to me.