I could have swore I was at a 90's Dead Soldier Field show  and during space they played some Marv Albert announcing 'he shoots and scores' bits - this would have been during the 1st 3 Bull championship run (91-93)

Can't seem to verify that via google, though.

Yeah, I saw green lasers following me around the arena (even into the Men's Room!) at Richmond in '85....

• 4 weeks later...

So what's the most annoying thing about this year's NFL playoff season?

1. Too much defense and not enough offense.
  2. Controversial calls by officials.
  3. The frigging Eagles are still in it.
  4. Tony Romo announcing (I love the guy, but I know some people can't stand him).
  5. The Apple commercial with that incredibly annoying Cosmo Sheldrake song.

Feel free to add your own.

Damn. That was SUCH a good game last night. Both sides played really well, it was a nail-biter. But...ultimately I end up feeling like I just watched my dog get hit by a car. I'm heartbroken. Most fun I've had with Da Bears in 30 years.

When we got the ball back with 59 seconds left I just KNEW how it would play out. We're gonna have to kick a game winning FG. If it was Robbie I know I would have been completely confident. I was not confident. But the WAY it ended, hell that's a movie ending. Dude's nickname is "Doink" in the locker room. 5 times in 1 year. So why not up the ante and do a fucking double doink!

Jesus.

After the White Sox won the World Series in 2005, I haven't let losses by "my teams" bother me as much as I did before that.  But this one hurts.  Great game, great season.

Not often does one get to see such an epic failure. My house erupted in laughter when it all went down. Has Cody been fired yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I HATE this week. This is the week where it's down to 4 teams. I try to pick the two teams I like the most. It ALWAYS, I mean 90% of the time, is the other two teams. 

This year it's Saints #1 - I'd like Drew to get another ring and then retire on top. That's always a nice ending.

#2 - Chiefs - because I remember Len & Podolak and Otis Taylor and Willie and Stenereud  and all those guys. It's been a LONG time.

So it'll be Rams/Pats. Write it down haha.

I did real well picking winners during regular season (top 3% NFL straight pick & ESPN point spread contests) but have been stinking it up during the playoffs. Didn't get any right wild card weekend. I'd like NO to win. Probably would like to see KC in  the big game. Really dislike the Rams (division foes) & the Patriots.

Hoping for a Rams/Chiefs rematch of the 54-51 MNF battle from earlier in the year.  Those are fun teams to watch when firing on all cylinders.

But honestly, as long at it isn't the Pats I'll be satisfied.  Like 99.9% of football fans outside of New England.

What a game that Rams/Saints battle was. Made me feel a little better about what happened to my Cowboys.

I think the Chiefs/Pats game will be a major shootout, but you never know. Wouldn't mind seeing Mahomes take them all the way to a Super Bowl victory. Kid is fun to watch.

I HATE this week. This is the week where it's down to 4 teams. I try to pick the two teams I like the most. It ALWAYS, I mean 90% of the time, is the other two teams. 

This year it's Saints #1 - I'd like Drew to get another ring and then retire on top. That's always a nice ending.

#2 - Chiefs - because I remember Len & Podolak and Otis Taylor and Willie and Stenereud  and all those guys. It's been a LONG time.

Bingo!

Look on the bright side - your percentage inched above 90%!

Bingo!

:thumbup

Look on the bright side - your percentage inched above 90%!

:lol

Both of those games were crazy-good. At least it was entertaining!

I know there are a lot of big baseball fans here and I like baseball well enough. The NFL, for all its many, many faults, puts out the most entertaining sports around. People talk about its popularity declining due to concussions, kneeling, etc. Last year, 4 or 5 of the top five shows watched on TV were football games. A regular season NFL game will trounce most other sports' playoff games in ratings.

I always look forward to the conference championships and think those are among the best games of the year. The Super Bowl can be hit or miss, but the conference championships are almost always exciting games with pretty evenly matched teams. This past Sunday was fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a close game, so, in my mind, it was a good game. The Rams offense kind of stunk it up, but their defense kept them in the game. I'm not a big car guy, but I really want the Audi E-Tron and the new Toyota Supra now. So if any of you want to donate to my go fund me, PM me.

I thought it was a good game. It wasn’t a blowout, so that kept it interesting. For most of the game, since no one was scoring, I was kind of on the edge of my seat (rooting for NE), because I knew any score by either team was going to be hard for the other team to counter. The last few minutes were the least exciting of the game, because LA just seemed to fold.

I think the good/bad game debate comes down to whether you really cared who won the game.  It was a competitive defensive (and coaching) battle, so if you were pulling for either team you were likely on the edge of your seat for most of the game.  But if you just wanted to watch an action-packed, entertaining game... well, it wasn't.