Album side masterpiece

Ok, what album can you slap on the turntable and enjoy every single note? For me, that would be Dire Straits side A, "Making Movies".  Three wonderful tunes: "Tunnel of Love", "Romeo and Juliet" and "Skateaway", all tunes that seem to have fallen off the Rock n Roll radar screen for some reason.

What is your album side masterpiece?

Thoe albums that MUST run through all the way to the end, once I start them (so, these are both A+B side masterpieces):

• Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
  • Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand
  • Guided By Voices - Alien Lanes

Yes - Close To The Edge, either side, but if I have to choose side 2 (And You & I, Siberian Khatru). 

I abandoned vinyl in 1987 and haven't looked back so I'm not as familiar with post-1987 album sides as I once was (prior to 1987).  That said, Side 2 of "Who's Next" is pretty great.  

Hey NoJ - can we do live sides? I'll start.

-Side 1, Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Highway Star, Child In Time)

-Side 2 Genesis Live (1973) - (The Musical Box, The Knife)

- Side 6, Yessongs - (Yours Is No Disgrace, Starship Trooper)

-Side 2 Live Cream - (Sweet Wine, Rollin' & Tumblin')

-Side 1 Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (Astronomy Domine', Careful With That Axe Eugene)

-Side 3 Allman Brothers - At Fillmore East (Hot Lanta, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed)

-Side 4 Renaissance Live At Carnegie Hall (Ashes Are Burning)

-Side 1 Lou Reed - Rock & Roll Animal (Sweet Jane, Heroin)

Side 2 Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails (Mona, Cavalry)

Side 1 Traffic - On The Road (Glad > Freedom Rider)

There's 10 right off the top of my head, I could go on.  :stunned . And I didn't even mention The Dead - that's a whole 'nother thing in itself. 

Urge Overkill - The Supersonic Storybook, side A (The Kids Are Insane > The Candidate > (Today Is) Blackie's Birthday > Emmaline

The Jesus LizardGoat, side A (Then Comes Dudley > Mouthbreather > Nub > Seasick)

This Kind of Punishment - A Beard Of Bees, entire LP

Sonic YouthEVOL, side A (Tom Violence > Shadow Of A Doubt, Starpower, In The Kingdom #19, Green Light)

Neil YoungOn The Beach, entire LP

Robyn Hitchcock - I Often Dream Of Trains, side B

FeltForever Breathes The Lonely Word, entire LP

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Henry's Dream, Side A (Papa Won't Leave You, Henry > I Had A Dream, Joe > Straight To You > Brother, My Cup Is Empty > Christina, The Astonishing)

Mogwai - The Hawk Is Howling, Come On Die Young, entire LPs but esp Sides D

there are a bunch of records i really like where a great song takes up an entire side, too (Feedbacker, Meddle, Dopesmoker, Atma, Clearing The Path To Ascend, Foxtrot, etc)

Um,  Dead Flowers and Moonlight Mile are on side 2, dude.

You may be right. I would have cited the entire album save for Sister Morphine which I don't like much and in fact I only listened a few years ago as the Spanish edition was mutilated by the f*** Franco government; they also forced the label to change the cover which has become a piece for coleccionists (and I dig it)

http://electricvinylrecords.com/es/rock/729-the-rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-2-lp-vinilo-reedicion-portada-espanola.html

You may be right. I would have cited the entire album save for Sister Morphine which I don't like much and in fact I only listened a few years ago as the Spanish edition was mutilated by the f*** Franco government; they also forced the label to change the cover which has become a piece for coleccionists (and I dig it)

http://electricvinylrecords.com/es/rock/729-the-rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-2-lp-vinilo-reedicion-portada-espanola.html

The whole album is excellent, and while not a big fan of "Sister Morphine," either, it fits the mold of the album, imo.

I always thought the cover was cool, too.

• 3 weeks later...