• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his report is not made public, couldn't the House call Mueller to testify as part of one of its investigations and basically get his report into the public record through the back-door?

If his report is not made public, couldn't the House call Mueller to testify as part of one of its investigations and basically get his report into the public record through the back-door?

I think so, but I'm not quite the political/legal scholar I was describing above. I hope we're both right.

This Cohen testimony has been fantastic so far. He is coming across as credible and truthful while the GOP congressmen cant seem to handle him or even land a glancing blow.

This Cohen testimony has been fantastic so far. He is coming across as credible and truthful while the GOP congressmen cant seem to handle him or even land a glancing blow.

I don't know. Too little too late. He's had plenty of moments to fess up about Donald, and is going to jail for lying to congress. Not the best kind of witness at this point. 

Based on everything else that's happened in the last two years, I'm guessing nothing will come of this. 

I do find it humorous every time Cohen shakes his head after talking to a republican. 

Also it also seems like all the R's really want to get in the book agent business and they are angling for their first client.

Of course Cohen is going to write a book.

If I were him, I'd just say, and maybe he did. "I pled guilty to perjury because there was a paper trail proving I am lying. Produce that paper trail or any documentation that I am lying today, and I am willing to face the full force of the law for any dishonesty today."

It's just amazing to me that the line of questioning Cohen, from the GOP reps, weren't even initiated because "he's a convicted felon - specifically convicted for lying to Congress." Basically: "You lied to me before, why would I put value in anything you have to say today?"

But... Is that all they're interested in? Cohen lied to Congress to protect Trump. Right? I mean, that's a fact. Did anyone from the Trump organization come forward to correct Cohen's lies? No? So, problem solved? You caught the liar, and you're satisfied that yes, indeed he WAS lying, but you're not interested in finding out the truth of the matter? You're not interested in what he was lying about? And the GOP reps on this committee all sat there smug as hell, thinking they're doing the right thing in just wasting time by attacking Cohen, because, you know, he's a liar. 

It's like if you have an awful stink emanating from your basement. It's a dead rat. But to fix the problem, you just spray tons of lysol. There! No more smell! Problem solved!

But... Is that all they're interested in? Cohen lied to Congress to protect Trump. Right? I mean, that's a fact. Did anyone from the Trump organization come forward to correct Cohen's lies? No? So, problem solved? You caught the liar, and you're satisfied that yes, indeed he WAS lying, but you're not interested in finding out the truth of the matter? 

Yes, thank you for putting this into words. I feel like none of the pundits, or news comedians have hit this point yet.

Cohen did lie. He lied to protect Trump. You can't then call him a liar in order to protect Trump yourself when his very lies were in the service of Trump.

Video has surfaced of Rep. Mark "I found one black person who says Trump isn't racist...wait, sobs, did you just call me racist?" Meadows (R-N.C.) repeatedly being racist against Obama.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/28/video-mark-meadows-saying-send-obama-home-kenya-resurfaces-hours-after-hes-accused-racist-stunt/?utm_term=.30c8b2516401&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that Mueller thing didn't turn out as bad for Trump as I predicted.

Based on what we know so far, It didn't turn out bad for Trump in any sense of the word.  This is the biggest win of his entire life.  This is what he'll be remembered for, forever.  His favorability rating will probably skyrocket in the next round of polling, and stay higher than it has ever been to date.  The democrats will be widely seen as overplaying a losing hand and the ongoing investigations will backfire.  And he's virtually guaranteed a second term now.

It causes me physical pain to believe even one of those things, but I firmly believe all of that.