I don't know if you folks have tuned into Phoebe Bridgers around here. She's the latest to corner the market on wrenchingly effective, sad-bastard folk music. She teamed up with similarly haunting Julien Baker to create Boygenius last year which was also a great collaboration.

Well now her and Oberst have dropped a whole record that's pretty great:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5622zSt4RLqNSPShdqmWpj

They also showed up on Colbert and got him to honor their 80's 1-800 vision by putting a lo-fi video feed up of it:

https://youtu.be/7DSO-w_AxgQ

They were on CBS Saturday Morning this morning. I must say I appreciate Oberst as a backup vocalist a lot more than lead. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Same. I was unimpressed with the Bright Eyes phenomenon at its peak, but his tenacity and authenticity have won me over as a general fan of him as a person. I'm not always taken with his trademark shaky vocals as much as I admire the guy, but I think they're a nice contrast to Phoebe's more conventionally pretty sounding vocals. Also he's chilled out on the 'coked out guy telling-all during an anxiety attack' performance style as he's aged.

I love this new record but I also generally love all the things Conor Oberst does. I loved his last solo album Salutations - he really is one of the best songwriters out there.

I love the first track on this BOCC record "I Didn't Know What I Was In For" - just a great dark, modern folk tune. I also love "Service Road."

I like how this Better Oblivion Community Center record is a mix of the super strong writing chops of the newer Oberst material (not that he was ever bad at songwriting...) and also the electornic, experimental vibes of the Bright Eyes records.

Went on to try and get tickets to the Los Angeles show when they went onsale this morning and of course they were totally sold out before Ticketmaster would even give me the option to choose how many seats I wanted. And of course, by 2 minutes after the onsale time started there were about 60 tickets available on Stubhub for more than 3 times the face value of the tickets ($26 face value and going for about $88 on average). I literally can't believe how long this ticketmaster/scalper BS has continued and there's no way to stop it or help get the tickets to actual fans after all this time.

Went on to try and get tickets to the Los Angeles show when they went onsale this morning and of course they were totally sold out before Ticketmaster would even give me the option to choose how many seats I wanted. And of course, by 2 minutes after the onsale time started there were about 60 tickets available on Stubhub for more than 3 times the face value of the tickets ($26 face value and going for about $88 on average). I literally can't believe how long this ticketmaster/scalper BS has continued and there's no way to stop it or help get the tickets to actual fans after all this time.

They immediately added a 2nd show in Chicago and both sold out. Underestimated their right venue size maybe? 

They immediately added a 2nd show in Chicago and both sold out. Underestimated their right venue size maybe? 

Definitely underestimated. The venue in LA definitely holds less than 1000. They added a second show here that was not even announced formally and went onsale an hour after the first show and the second one also sold out within minutes. There are tons of tickets to both shows for about $90 (up from $26) on Stubhub. I saw that this was basically happening for all the shows in all big cities. I did end up managing to pull 1 ticket to the added LA show about 15 minutes after they went onsale - which is great, but my wife was really hoping to go with me. I guess we'll take what we can get.

The band said they were going to try to do something about it in response to all the people on Twitter who stormed their page and complained. I'm not really sure what can be done though. I know My Morning Jacket recently found tickets that were being resold and cancelled the orders. Then they put a bunch of tickets back on sale at a later date for their few shows coming up this summer.