When will Wilco US tour dates be announced?

I totally forgot how this works. Last time I bought tix for something that wasn’t Solid Sound was fall of 2015 for Boston 2016 shows. Scratch that. I was at the Maine show in 2017.

I don’t have the email yet, but I know both presale codes. The official site doesn’t say much on what to do. Do I need my own user name? Lol

Edit: ok. I looked around here and I see the pinned Crowd Surge thread.

You'll just need an account on Ticketmaster, I believe. BTW thanks for sharing the Thursday codes for Boston. I'll probably need them given TM's implementation of their virtual "waiting room" which opens at some unknown time before the pre-pre-sale. I love going to these shows but the ticket buying process is just unnecessarily stressful.

If anyone has any info on additional NYC presales I'd be super appreciative :) 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone in the Neil Young Archives? It's a subscription service but each subscriber gets a unique code for each show, so there's not anywhere near as much competition as a regular pre-sale. Not only that, but most, if not all, of the first few rows are reserved for subscribers. I can't help but feel Wilco, while not the most popular band, has enough hardcore fans they could do something like that and tie it in with a quarterly or annual vinyl release or streaming access to the roadcases or something like that.

Same thing happened to me. Had Pit BBB and most them. But signed back on and picked up orchestra JJ. Off to side but not too bad. Did you get tickets?

Been trying all morning it keeps on saying another fan beat you every single time I get a decent seat

I had the 4th row for Boston 1 & it said that someone else beat me to the ticket. Ended up getting aisle seat row L. I’ll try for night 2 the next two days.

Anyone ever find out the Spotify presale code?

I think Wilco is skipping New Orleans because they need another southern city to hit when they get to Florida. Wilco have always toured like that. They’re hitting the road for a month in October and skipping some cities in those regions, but they’ll get to them on the next trek.

You'll just need an account on Ticketmaster, I believe. BTW thanks for sharing the Thursday codes for Boston. I'll probably need them given TM's implementation of their virtual "waiting room" which opens at some unknown time before the pre-pre-sale. I love going to these shows but the ticket buying process is just unnecessarily stressful.

If anyone has any info on additional NYC presales I'd be super appreciative :)

You’re welcome! It was relatively easy and you were right: it was done via TM.

Did you get a Spotify code? Did you get in?

I conjured up a fan club idea while waiting for tickets and I see the post about how the Neil Young fanclub tickets work. Strange stuff. I’d put money into a Wilco fanclub for tickets and get a vinyl piece every now and then. Or a subscription to Nugs.

I don’t understand how if you have the seats, someone else can beat you to them. Why design a system that will frustrate and anger customers? What’s wrong with, “If you have the seats, they’re yours unless you change your mind”?

I HATE TICKETMASTER had pit row AAA front row in my cart at radio city then it reset and asked for the password again

Had front row for Toronto, but "somebody else beat me to the tickets". Got a reasonable seat in front block though.

Anyone with any insight know why they are skipping New Orleans while they are playing everywhere else in the south, including Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Oklahoma?  Pisses me off and makes no sense.

I don't have any insight into this specific situation, but it's probably a combination of venue availability in NO and surrounding cities.  There may be plenty of available venues in NO on the date they'd be there, but that could throw off their ability to book venues in nearby cities on the dates they need.  Tour booking is fraught with compromises, juggling, and domino effects.  I'm sure Wilco is not intentionally giving NO the shaft.

I don't have any insight into this specific situation, but it's probably a combination of venue availability in NO and surrounding cities.  There may be plenty of available venues in NO on the date they'd be there, but that could throw off their ability to book venues in nearby cities.  Tour booking is fraught with compromises, juggling, and domino effects.  I'm sure Wilco is not intentionally giving NO the shaft.

I think Wilco is skipping New Orleans because they need another southern city to hit when they get to Florida. Wilco have always toured like that. They’re hitting the road for a month in October and skipping some cities in those regions, but they’ll get to them on the next trek.

Good points........thanks

In junior high and high school, I bought tickets to shows at the local record store. No computers involved. Clerk had physical tickets. “Okay all the people in the store have the one pair of front row seats the promoter gave us. But the first one to actually pay me and complete the sale walks out with them.” I don’t see how the Ticketmaster version described is a different situation. WTF? That had to be maddening for those of you experiencing it.

In junior high and high school, I bought tickets to shows at the local record store. No computers involved. Clerk had physical tickets. “Okay all the people in the store have the one pair of front row seats the promoter gave us. But the first one to actually pay me and complete the sale walks out with them.” I don’t see how the Ticketmaster version described is a different situation. WTF? That had to be maddening for those of you experiencing it.

It's different because Ticketmaster online purchase has always been "these are your seats, you have X minutes to complete your purchase or the seats will be released for sale."  I've never heard of an online sale in which tickets can be snatched out of your hands at any time, which is the way I'm interpreting these posts.

Now, if the people complaining thought they had an unlimited amount of time to complete their purchase (which I find hard to believe), the fault is on them.

It's different because Ticketmaster online purchase has always been "these are your seats, you have X minutes to complete your purchase or the seats will be released for sale."  I've never heard of an online sale in which tickets can be snatched out of your hands at any time, which is the way I'm interpreting these posts.

Thanks. So the people just didn't complete the transaction in the allotted time. That's on them, then. I appreciate it.

Thanks. So the people just didn't complete the transaction in the allotted time. That's on them, then. I appreciate it.

I believe the issue is that it seems Ticketmaster has a delay between when people first put tickets in their cart (and are put through to the payment page) and when they disappear from the available ticket listings seen by other customers. So tickets that are in people's carts are shown as available. It's unfair because even if you are logged on in time its a crap-shoot whether you click on tickets that aren't actually in someone's cart.

That's what I thought. That is nuts. Why design it that way?

From Chicago and I’ve probably seen every Wilco show at the Ryman and was interested in seeing them at The Grand Ole Oprey this time. Had decent seats in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger. So glad I didn’t as I then checked hotels for that weekend. Yikes. I remember Nashville being pricey in the past but $400-$500 a night?! That is nuts. Gotta be because there is a NFL game in town that weekend right?

From Chicago and I’ve probably seen every Wilco show at the Ryman and was interested in seeing them at The Grand Ole Oprey this time. Had decent seats in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger. So glad I didn’t as I then checked hotels for that weekend. Yikes. I remember Nashville being pricey in the past but $400-$500 a night?! That is nuts. Gotta be because there is a NFL game in town that weekend right?

Does NFL even exist in Nashville?  The prices are probably more due to Nashville becoming the bachelor/ette party capital of the world in recent years.

Finally, a Wilco show on a night I can attend in NYC. But by the time I was able to try for a ticket, all that was left was the back of the upper upper upper balcony. I will try again, but will have to go for 1st or 2nd mezzanine as that is my price range. It would be nice if I could manage to see this band more than once! (My only time was way back on the Summerteeth tour!)