When will Wilco US tour dates be announced?

I count you as a very lucky man, that show at Cain's  in 2008 has got to be one of the best Wilco shows ever, at least it seems to me from what I've seen in person and videos of old shows.  Isn't that the one where Jeff was on steroids and wearing the Nudie suit?  That Handshake Drugs is all time great, holy shit!  I think Sky Blue Sky tour was probably the band's peak as a live ensemble, at least its my fave.

It was, in fact, the Jeff-on-steroids show, and even though his voice was scratchy (as you can hear on Ashes) it was among the best I've been to.  Great show, great crowd, great venue, couldn't go wrong!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty tough when Live Nation, ASG or Goldenvoice own a lot of the venues.

Why does it have to be easy?

I think I've seen Wilco 10 or 12 times, in four or five different cities in three states.  Only one of those shows (Tabernacle, Atlanta) was in a venue owned by any of those companies.

There's a reason you pay people to do things for you, and it's not because what they're doing is easy.

when you are booking a certain size venue, the options are much more limited...

maybe they can do a month-long residency at Great Scott. 

I don't know what Great Scott is, but they have a long touring history that shows that they're up to the challenge of finding those limited options more often than not.

• 2 weeks later...

Wilco     11/4/2019   Grand Rapids, MI

Wilco     11/5/2019   Ann Arbor, MI

Wilco     11/6/2019   Pittsburgh, PA

Wilco     11/8/2019   Charlottesville, VA

Wilco     11/9/2019   Cincinnati, OH

Wilco     11/10/2019   Columbus, OH

Wilco     11/11/2019   Indianapolis, IN

Wilco     11/12/2019   St. Louis, MO

Wilco     11/13/2019   Louisville, KY

Wilco     11/15/2019   Cedar Rapids, IA

Wilco     11/17/2019   Kansas City, MO

Wilco     11/19/2019   Denver, CO

Wilco     11/20/2019   Omaha, NE

On the eve of the band’s sold out Solid Sound Festival, we’re excited to announce a new string of Wilco US tour dates. 

That’s right, the fun won’t stop once we’ve left North Adams. Plenty of shows to look forward to including a second date in NYC, plus, November shows in Michigan, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Ohio, Indy, Kentucky, St. Louis, Iowa, Denver and Omaha. 

Tickets are on sale Tuesday, July 2 at @ 10am local. And Wilcoworld presale starts July 1 @ 10am local with the PW: Hummingbird.  

Plus, a quick reminder that a leg of October dates in Toronto, Boston, DC, NC, Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, Tulsa and Texas are currently on sale. Tickets are moving quickly and a few dates have already sold out. So, hop to it and get your tickets here

That’s all for now, we’ll see you shortly at MASS MoCA. - HQ

Listen, I know they’re not going to NOT play Chicago, but what the fuck?

Guessing they will play some Thanksgiving shows in Chicago. 

And they might be waiting to announce anything until after Tweedy's solo show here in August.

• 4 weeks later...

I was curious last night so I checked out the calendar on some likely Chicago venues for the two weekends after tour ends and I don’t think they’ll play then because the Chicago Theatre, Auditorium Theatre and the Riv don’t have either weekend free. I’m wondering if they’re just going to do a one off run of shows in December or something.

I just checked my online Chase Visa account and noticed our tickets for the 11.12.19 Indianapolis show are billed as

Jul 2, 2019
TM *THE MOODY BLUES

Entertainment $130.50 See details about this transaction

Anyone else have Ticketmaster bill like this?  I have the correct hard tickets  :rock

what happens when you click on "See details about this transaction" ? I would have called ticket slave immediately and told them you dont go to those types of concerts, "where long haired Canadians turn on the smoke machine and play their hits"

ha.  Everything states Wilco, including the hard tickets received, except the Credit Card transaction details. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the questions that I asked was will there be an opener for the fall shows, since the showtime was listed as 7:30pm for both Boston shows. The openers for the October shows have been announced. Nothing has been announced for November.

I can’t upload the pic because I’m on my iPhone, but you can find it on the Wilco FB page.

Daughter Of Swords - both Boston & NYC shows.

Soccer Mommy - DC, Cary, Atlanta, Birmingham, & Nashville.

Molly Sarle - Tulsa, Irving, Houston, & both Austin shows.

• 3 weeks later...

How come that last Wilco Instagram post with the map of all the places they're playing has a 11/24 date listed but there's no show announced on November 24th? Looks like somewhere in the US midwest? 

XgQVsRX.jpg

Looks like some more openers for US shows have been announced. The Bottle Rockets in St. Louis is cool! Shall we start a campaign for Wilco to play AM front to back?! What better place to do so??

Also seeing Solid Sound alums Deep Sea Diver for MI, PA, VA, OH, IN, KY shows and Dickie (who had an album produced by Pat) for Cedar Rapids.

All right Chicago people, let's speculate (baselessly) here for a minute.

It's September now, and there are no shows announced yet for the Ode to Joy tour here in town, despite many other Midwest dates on the schedule in November. They're obviously going to play a hometown show (or shows) at some point, but where and when? I get the feeling something is already planned but not announced. To quote Lionel Hutz, "We've got plenty of hearsay and conjecture — those are kinds of evidence."

If it's going to happen in 2019, the most obvious possibility is probably the last week of November. They have a show Nov. 20 in Omaha, and then nothing on the books until January. Based on TCP's sleuthing above, there could be something unannounced for Nov. 24. And the 46 vs. 51 thing suggest maybe there's more?

Checking some of their favorite local venues' calendars:

Chicago Theatre -- booked Nov. 24, open Nov. 25–28

Riviera -- booked Nov. 24, open Nov. 25 and Nov. 28

Vic -- open Nov. 24–28

Auditorium Theatre -- open Nov. 22–29

I'd say the Auditorium Theatre, which has a suspiciously large gap in their otherwise booked schedule, looks like a fit if they're doing a series of shows. The Vic could be set up for that too. The Chicago Theatre could handle a show or two. The Riv seems unlikely for that week.

What do you guys think — any hunches?

My thought was for the 11/24 date to be Minneapolis, since it looks a little too west to be Chicago (someone with better understanding of US geography please correct me). Also of note is that the cities with multiple dates only have one pin viewable with the last date (like 10/26 + 10/27 in Austin, you can only see 10/27 blocking 10/26 from view), so  no matter where the 11/24 show is, there could theoretically be an 11/23/22/whatever date behind it as well. So maybe it's a multi night run in Chicago Or Minneapolis?? Or there could be nothing at all and it's a mistake. Though, I imagine you have to assign each pin a date and location, so that would be a tough mistake to make.

Here's a higher res version of the map I found on Facebook. Apologies for not posting it originally, I sometimes forget Facebook is a thing.

igL3ztR.png