When will Wilco US tour dates be announced?

Hmm, you're right, that 11/24 pin does look like it's too far west to be Chicago. Maybe there are other hidden pins in that cluster that could be Chicago. Or maybe we don't get a show in town here until the next leg of the tour. It's worth noting that the band has stuck to the schedule of holding a Chicago residency every three years for a while now: 2005 (Vic), '08 (Riv), '11 (shrinking tour), '14 (Riv) and '17 (Chicago Theatre). If that pattern holds, 2020 would be next.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't imagine that they would do two tours of europe and a nearly two month trek in the US without any hometown shows!  Although to be honest, that kind of thing probably doesn't factor into their decisions at all.  I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that I likely won't see them until Mexico, which is just too damn far away to be satisfying.

I’ve been thinking they’d announce a run of Chicago shows in December, not November, so I’m curious why the speculation is centering around November. My thought was that they did the 6-night Winterlude run in December 2014, and that was their 20th anniversary. This December will be the 25th anniversary and there’s nothing on their schedule.

I hear believable rumors of a West Coast tour in the spring, but that’s probably not a surprise to anyone.

I just checked my online Chase Visa account and noticed our tickets for the 11.12.19 Indianapolis show are billed as

Jul 2, 2019
TM *THE MOODY BLUES

Entertainment $130.50 See details about this transaction

Anyone else have Ticketmaster bill like this?  I have the correct hard tickets  :rock

I bought tickets for Neil Young and the Promise of the Real on August 10th, for next weeks show at the same venue as Wilco.  AGAIN my credit card billing lists The Moody Blues.  Somethings rotten in Denmark...

Three dates in St. Paul, 11/22, 11/23, 11/24. I should be in for all three.

Congrats TCP! I’m glad this came through for you. Boston got skipped on the Schmilco tour and that sucked. Granted, we get spoiled with Solid Sound, but, ya know.

Congrats TCP! I’m glad this came through for you. Boston got skipped on the Schmilco tour and that sucked. Granted, we get spoiled with Solid Sound, but, ya know.

Thanks! Really excited to explore the Twin Cities for the first time, I would have gone down if it was just one show but the fact that it's three is very exciting  :dance

Thanks! Really excited to explore the Twin Cities for the first time, I would have gone down if it was just one show but the fact that it's three is very exciting  :dance

Love the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Lived there for a month last August. If you have time (and even if you're just a little bit of a fan), check out Paisley Park, Prince's home.

Love the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Lived there for a month last August. If you have time (and even if you're just a little bit of a fan), check out Paisley Park, Prince's home.

I was checking out details for tours of Paisley Park. There’s the basic tour for around $35 or a VIP tour that’s a little longer and includes a personal tour guide for $100. Any comments on one versus another?

I was checking out details for tours of Paisley Park. There’s the basic tour for around $35 or a VIP tour that’s a little longer and includes a personal tour guide for $100. Any comments on one versus another?

My wife and I did the basic because we’re teachers on a budget during the summer (teachers do not get paid over the summer, at least in Chicago). Would have loved to do the VIP. We did get to see quite a bit with the basic tour, like his outfits during the different eras, his guitars through the years (the purple Rickenbacker 360 was beautiful), his office, his dance studio that was turned into the Purple Rain room which held the script, Oscar, and some other memorabilia from the movie, one of his his three recording studios, and the tour ended with the full video of his Super Bowl performance. I’m forgetting a lot more, but it was really fun. The only thing I was bummed about was there wasn’t anything on this tour from Batman.

• 2 weeks later...