Now Watching 2019

Going to see the new Godzilla flick with a buddy of mine tonite. Its gonna be awesome!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Rolling Thunder Revue last night - what a hoot. Great documentary despite all the "fibs" sprinkled throughout the film. The best part was when Dylan covered Jeff Tweedy's Simple Twist of Fate and Sharon Stone sang harmony :rolleyes

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Echo in the Canyon today - Jakob Dylan’s loving tribute to the music that came out of Laurel Canyon from 1965-1967. This is some of my favorite music of all time. There were lots of old video clips, and lots of interviews with just about everyone involved in the scene. Totally worth seeing, but be prepared to see Jakob and friends like Beck and Cat Power performing this music. I was okay with that, and thought seeing Stephen Stills playing along in the studio with a guitar track recorded earlier by Eric Clapton was worth the price of admission in and of itself. David Crosby and Roger McGuinn both, separately, said some very enlightening things in this film.

You may be interested in watching a show on Amazon called Miranda.

Ha ha. It’s quite old skool what I like to call ‘sitcom’ (see what I did there) but good stuff, and it ended after 3 series before losing any quality. Little Stevie always steals the scenes for me.

Meanwhile, two Matt Berry comedy vehicles: What We Do In The Shadows (the tv spin off from the film) anf Year Of The Rabbit. At times reaching the dizzy heights he attained with series 1 of Toast Of London.

Ha ha. It’s quite old skool what I like to call ‘sitcom’ (see what I did there) but good stuff, and it ended after 3 series before losing any quality. Little Stevie always steals the scenes for me.

Meanwhile, two Matt Berry comedy vehicles: What We Do In The Shadows (the tv spin off from the film) anf Year Of The Rabbit. At times reaching the dizzy heights he attained with series 1 of Toast Of London.

I think she is funny as hell. There is now an American version of What We Do In The Shadows - but I have not seen it. Also - Endeavor - Season 6 is over here now.

Saw Amazing Grace - the Aretha Franklin documentary - over the weekend.

It is pretty remarkable.  There's no real story - it's just film of the live sessions (in a church) of the recording of her album.  

I watched this on an airplane last week.  Just phenomenal.  Every detail of the music was perfect.  The choir arrangements, the sound of the bass, Cornell Dupree's beyond slick guitar phrases that came as little surprises.  Everything.  This was music on another level.  I need to watch this again on a real TV through my stereo.

I binge-watched season three of Stranger Things this weekend, and I just returned home from watching "The Cure: Anniversary." 

We haven't gotten around to watch Season 3, yet ---- my kid has been begging me to let him watch it, but I knew it would be too much for him - he is 10 --- but last night, I turned Season 1 - Ep. 1 on for him---he lasted up to the point of Will running off the road on his bike, which is a whopping 6 minutes in or so, he then told me it  was ok for me to turn it off...

Also last night, The wife and I did watch episode 1 of Miranda -- definitely funny stuff. 

Earlier in the week we finished the 2nd season of Fleabag -- season 2 was even better than 1. Great, great stuff.

Watched "Dr. Strangelove" last night. It still holds up as a masterpiece. I wonder why Hollywood hasn't made a sequel for it yet.

We haven't gotten around to watch Season 3, yet ---- my kid has been begging me to let him watch it, but I knew it would be too much for him - he is 10 --- but last night, I turned Season 1 - Ep. 1 on for him---he lasted up to the point of Will running off the road on his bike, which is a whopping 6 minutes in or so, he then told me it  was ok for me to turn it off...

Also last night, The wife and I did watch episode 1 of Miranda -- definitely funny stuff. 

Earlier in the week we finished the 2nd season of Fleabag -- season 2 was even better than 1. Great, great stuff.

You may also want to watch Kath & Kim (Australian sitcom).

You may also want to watch Kath & Kim (Australian sitcom).

You're killing me --- we'll check it out. 

Forgot to mentioned that the laugh track in Miranda, threw us off --- laugh tracks always bug me, it was only mildly annoying, though.

Probably a good thing.  Season 3 is more intense/gory than the other two, IMO.  We have 2 more episodes to go! (it's killing my kids that we didn't binge it all at once, lol)

You're killing me --- we'll check it out. 

Forgot to mentioned that the laugh track in Miranda, threw us off --- laugh tracks always bug me, it was only mildly annoying, though.

Oh I didn't notice. I grew up with those. That could be why.

City on a Hill is the best show in that genre since The Wire

My wife's cousin plays Hank Signa on that show.  He's a great guy so I'm hoping for a long run.