I was late getting to Rough Trade East on RSD - 10 a.m. and Warmer was already gone. The staff didn't indicate that they never had it so not sure about whether UK stores had them or not. From the reports, they definitely could have done a larger pressing. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out of town Friday and Saturday for the Jeff Tweedy show in Savannah. Went to my local record store in Columbia, SC when they opened Sunday afternoon.  Heard from the clerk that they had a "couple of copies," but they went during the first wave of customers early Saturday morning. Will have to sit tight and wait until it comes out in another format to get it. 

I was lucky enough to get a copy here in Tulsa. I waited in line for like an hour at Josey Records only to strike out... was totally bummed but went over to another local place called Starship and they had two copies left so I grabbed one.

Very cool to see this link on VC. This store is about a half hour from me. I've been there a couple times but don't frequent. Guy that owns it is sharp and realistic. I talked to him for about 20 minutes one day. They have a great stock on hand but he also embraces competitive online pricing and I think has garnered a loyal customer base that would love to pay him $4 more than they do Amazon. He also has a label called Colemine Records that offers a pretty awesome collection of quality  artists you've likely never heard of. I swear I'm not getting paid for this! I didn't venture out into the madness due to soccer games and other domestic duties but I did do some ebay searching for Stroke Manor...at 10:00 AM the cheapest on ebay was $75...I bought it later that night for $30. 

Bumping this link which has copies available on line now

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/b-jeff-tweedy-b-br-i-warmer-i

Twenty-ninth in line at the Bull Moose in Lewiston, Maine on Saturday morning. No free-for-all there - each person went through the RSD titles in order, in the order of the line. Took about 40 minutes before my turn came. I grabbed the third-to-the-last copy of Warmer, and picked up the live Matthew Sweet as well. My neighbor got his Pink Floyd LP (he was not the last middle-aged guy with a paunch to get one - they had 3 more), another neighbor got the REM and the Minus 5. A win all around.

Put me in the camp that likes Warmer better than Warm.

For those of us lucky enough to score a copy...it's weird only having it on Vinyl, right? I would like to listen to it on my commute/at work but it is on my turntable at home! Of course, I'm sure, smarter people than I have converted it to digital by now...

It will be interesting to see what the Warm + Warmer package ends up looking like. Will it include additional tracks? Will it be Warmest?

Any rumors about when the wider release of Warmer will occur?

In addition to Solid Sound, Bbop reported the following from the Chattanooga show in his write up:

"he also took a moment to comment on how they had pressed 5,000 copies for Record Store Day because they thought it would be nice for people to actually go out to an independent record store and buy a record, but then "everybody complained (about not being able to get a copy)," Jeff said. "Oh, I'm so sorry we conservatively estimated how many people would buy our record. ... Didn't you hear that nobody buys records anymore?" Then he conceded what those who didn't manage to track down a copy this weekend surely were hoping to hear — that Warmer will be available more widely eventually, likely packaged with Warm. The exact quote from Jeff: "Warm and Warmer belong together, and they'll probably be out together at some point.""

I haven't heard Warmer yet, so I can't directly comment on that. I will say I feel just about the opposite between Star Wars and Schmilco. I love Star Wars and rarely find myself wanting to listen to Schmilco.

I'm with you on the Star Wars/Schmilco front.

I find the instrumentation on Schmilco to be pretty blah for a Wilco record. It could just be me, though - I prefer their more uptempo rock in general.

I like several songs on Warmer. Others have not stuck yet. I'm warmer on Warmer than I am on Warm.

Surprising to hear the response to Schmilco hasn't warmed yet. Reminds me of Sky Blue Sky when it launched. Star Wars is the fun party record (well as close to a party as Wilco gets, you know what I mean!) and Schmilco is the weird autumn record for listening to alone at night. Both have their time and place. Both rank among the strongest of Nels/Pat era Wilco, IMHO.

Surprising to hear the response to Schmilco hasn't warmed yet. Reminds me of Sky Blue Sky when it launched. Star Wars is the fun party record (well as close to a party as Wilco gets, you know what I mean!) and Schmilco is the weird autumn record for listening to alone at night. Both have their time and place. Both rank among the strongest of Nels/Pat era Wilco, IMHO.

Truth!

I've said it before, Star Wars is the coolest Wilco record. Not best, but coolest which is fine by me.