Jeff Tweedy — 6 April 2019, Boston, MA (Newbury Comics)

Perhaps this 5-song set doesn’t warrant its own thread, but what the hell?

Some Birds
Guaranteed
Family Ghost
Hummingbird
Don’t Forget

A funny little set at Newbury Comics (Newbury St. location) this morning, celebrating their 41st birthday. Wristbands were handed out at 10:00, and I was a bit surprised that by the time doors opened there were maybe 25 people in line. At the time, the store didn't have anything setup for the 12:15 show, and the employee I first spoke to couldn't tell me which of the three floors the show was gong to be on!

We opted to leave the store and return around 11:45, by which time Newbury erected a small riser on their second floor. At about 12:15 Jeff entered, tripped climbing up a small step ladder onto the riser, and launched into Some Birds. 

He introduced Guaranteed as he'd done previously on this tour (w/r/t the first line), and mentioned that he has a new album coming out later this month (though not incorrect, it was clear Jeff didn't fully realize that RSD is next weekend). Family Ghost was the highlight for me song-wise, and was followed by Hummingbird, a request of @TwoShedJackson's daughters, which was a sweet moment. 

Surly some additional banter in between, which I'm not remembering now. Will try and take a few notes this evening as I believe our resident setlist reporter mentioned not being able to attend these shows in the north east. More later!