Bon Iver -- 2019 April 08, Detroit MI (Fox Theatre)

Perth

10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄

715 - CR∑∑KS

Heavenly Father

Towers

666 ʇ

Michicant

8 (circle)

Flume

Creature Fear

____45_____

Minnesota, WI

Blood Bank

Holocene

re: stacks

Skinny Love

33 “GOD”

Beth/Rest

22 (OVER S∞∞N)

The Wolves (Act I And II)

======

Disclaimer, I have never had a chance to see Bon Iver, but I found a good time to finally go.  And boy, I did myself good bringing my earplugs, but the amplifiers that had no reason to be there still shook and rattled my entire body all night.  The performance astonished me.

I think most Bon Iver fans would at least hold a sacred spot for the song that catapulted him to mainstream fame (Holocene) and a tender heartbreak rumination (re: stacks) and the song spread by word of mouth through everything (Skinny Love); I personally consider myself a modest casual that admires.  However, I find it frustrating that when I'm standing in the first 10 rows of the concert, quite an audible majority of this crowd is talking, through Holocene, and re:stacks, and the first four measures of Skinny Love.  I've seen The National, Father John Misty, Wilco, and Sturgill Simpson (the rowdiest and drunkest by far), but maybe I'm getting old, or I just live in a city that sucks.  How do you consciously buy tickets to a soul/folk/rock act, and talk through one of the quietest and tenderest songs in the act?  How do you get up in the morning after talking to your friend loudly about your other friend's wedding through re:stacks?

Even as an admirer, I felt they heavily stacked the second set with barn burners, and the crowd just chatted through it.  I hope Bon Iver makes a Metal Machine Music.