Something I came across

So probably like a lot of my fellow Wilco fans, we love to discover new music that isn't quite mainstream.  So I heard about this band called Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers.  They are punk?  Maybe.  I don't know.  Nothing like Wilco, but I dig it.  Anyway, they have a song called 'I hate Chicago' that name drops Wilco and I find it hilarious! I am not a drama starter and not trying to push buttons, I just thought maybe some of you would check it out and get a smile as I did.  Sorry I don't have a link but it can be located on Youtube (of course). 

Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers

I hate Chicago

Laura Jane Grace is the front woman for Against Me! and this is her first solo album. Against Me! rose out of the underground as a touring punk band with many critically acclaimed albums, their singer came out as transgender and transitioned to be a woman, a process chronicled in their record "Transgender Dysphoria Blues".

The early Against Me! stuff was kind of lo-fi folk punk heavy on sing alongs, they gradually became more electric hi-fi punk with sing alongs.

Also, this should probably be in the 'Someone else's song' thread.