From singing along with my headphones on in home room to singing on stage

Jeff Tweedy, in addition to being the sweetest human being ever, is an astounding professional. Despite not feeling 100% because of food poisoning he put on a very nice show in Chattanooga tonight (I’m sure there will be a report later in After The Show).

I know we don’t really share a lot of video around here, but I have to share this.

Tonight I got to live a dream I’ve had since I was 13-years-old. I don’t really know what else to say besides I love Wilco and the community of people I have met as a result of them being around. Specifically all the people I’ve met as a result of this message board. I’ve known many of my Wilco pals longer than in-town friends and we truly feel like a family.

So anyhow, tonight, I got to sing with Jeff, and I think it went well. He’s too nice to me.

https://youtu.be/QUQKUWmVLyk

Warm fuzzies all around.

Sarah, I remember you growing up here on Via Chicago, and even early on when you were about 14, it was clear that you were a kid with a brain and a passion for this band.

I could not possibly be happier at how this Wilco story has spun out! You were absolutely wonderful with Jeff tonight, and I could tell he thought so too. I still have a case of warm fuzzies from watching you.

Be very proud. Another successful Via Chicago graduate!

Decent. But I see no fuzzies?

Welfare!

Thanks for all the nice words, y’all. It was a thrill and I feel very inspired by the fact Jeff seems to think as highly of me as I think of him. He’s always been so nice, and it means a lot to me he asked me to do that last night.

I've been here 13+ years, and a fan for nearly 20. This is one of the coolest things EVER here.  :thumbup

I remember seeing Wilco in Asheville in 2005 and Jeff saying, "I'd like to say hello to Sarah C. We're glad you finally made it to a Wilco show", or something very similar. I thought, "Wow, that's cool. I wonder who Sarah C is?". Not long after that, I found you on VC. 

Good for you, Sarah. You sang beautifully. What a thrill!  :)

I remember seeing Wilco in Asheville in 2005 and Jeff saying, "I'd like to say hello to Sarah C. We're glad you finally made it to a Wilco show", or something very similar. I thought, "Wow, that's cool. I wonder who Sarah C is?". Not long after that, I found you on VC.

Good for you, Sarah. You sang beautifully. What a thrill! :)

Right!

Yeah, it was so special, and Jeff’s always been so kind. I’m still kinda floored he thought I had a good enough voice to be on stage. :omg

Can you tell the story of how the performance came to be? Did he ask you to join him? Did you rehearse? !!

He did. We were able to spend some time together earlier in the tour, and sang before a show. He was really impressed(which I still can’t believe.... just :omg) and asked if I wanted to do it on stage that night. I declined that night cos I was way too nervous, but I mentioned we were going to other shows too, and that Chattanooga was a hometown show(that I had been hoping for since I started listening to Wilco at 13), and he said we should definitely do it on stage. I was very nervous, but dang if Jeff believes in me I ought to believe in myself too.

The day of the show in Chattanooga came and I knew he wasn’t feeling well cos I saw where he couldn’t do his book event in Decatur the day before on Instagram. I felt awful cos he felt so poorly, and I was very surprised he even wanted to do the show given his condition. I would not have blamed him had he cancelled, it sucks to work when you’re sick

He seemed to feel a bit better later in the afternoon, so we ran through it once at soundcheck. I can’t get over how sweet he was to me. I mean over the years we’ve had moments, but it just blows me away he thinks as highly of me as I do him.

I gotta say also, that the Wilco crew is also amazing and hardworking, and just as sweet as Jeff is. :wub

All the warm fuzzies.

Jeff Tweedy, in addition to being the sweetest human being ever, is an astounding professional. Despite not feeling 100% because of food poisoning he put on a very nice show in Chattanooga tonight (I’m sure there will be a report later in After The Show).

I know we don’t really share a lot of video around here, but I have to share this.

Tonight I got to live a dream I’ve had since I was 13-years-old. I don’t really know what else to say besides I love Wilco and the community of people I have met as a result of them being around. Specifically all the people I’ve met as a result of this message board. I’ve known many of my Wilco pals longer than in-town friends and we truly feel like a family.

So anyhow, tonight, I got to sing with Jeff, and I think it went well. He’s too nice to me.

https://youtu.be/QUQKUWmVLyk

Warm fuzzies all around.

wow, this is awesome!! good job!

He did. We were able to spend some time together earlier in the tour, and sang before a show. He was really impressed(which I still can’t believe.... just :omg) and asked if I wanted to do it on stage that night. I declined that night cos I was way too nervous, but I mentioned we were going to other shows too, and that Chattanooga was a hometown show(that I had been hoping for since I started listening to Wilco at 13), and he said we should definitely do it on stage. I was very nervous, but dang if Jeff believes in me I ought to believe in myself too.

The day of the show in Chattanooga came and I knew he wasn’t feeling well cos I saw where he couldn’t do his book event in Decatur the day before on Instagram. I felt awful cos he felt so poorly, and I was very surprised he even wanted to do the show given his condition. I would not have blamed him had he cancelled, it sucks to work when you’re sick

He seemed to feel a bit better later in the afternoon, so we ran through it once at soundcheck. I can’t get over how sweet he was to me. I mean over the years we’ve had moments, but it just blows me away he thinks as highly of me as I do him.

I gotta say also, that the Wilco crew is also amazing and hardworking, and just as sweet as Jeff is. :wub

All the warm fuzzies.

This story completely warms my heart. Jeff Tweedy is one good egg.

Not only is Jeff an absolutely wonderful mentor, I have heard rumors that the recent "A Star is Born" was modeled on his stage life! That's right, Bradley Cooper's marvelous performance is all based on Jeff.

Only in this version Jeff had the good sense to get away from the drugs. Much happier ending.

And also (let's be clear) there is no romance between the stars of this particular "A Star is Born", just very deep affection.

But, c'mon! Other than those minor details, this whole story is just the best version yet of "A Star is Born"!!! You're a STAR, Sarah!

Please help to spread this silly rumor. Also I understand Jeff adores it when people accidentally call him Bradley.* :yes

*some of these assertions are clearly fiction.  :headbonk

• 3 weeks later...

I have met my share of celebs and I gotta say, it is such an AMAZING feeling - good or bad with the experience - so I know how special that was for you!  How incredible!  Knowing you will always remember that night is something you will carry forever.  Simply.  Perfect.  And great job!!!