Jeff Tweedy — 13 April 2019, Decatur, GA (Decatur Square) [Amplify Decatur Music Festival]

Apparently Georgians aren't too big on show reports (part 2)...

Did anybody make it down for this (Record Store Day) gig? All I know is Jeff apparently persevered despite, apparently, a bad case of food poisoning. And Jon Hamm was supposed to interview/chat with Jeff at a book event earlier in the day but Jeff had to beg off because of said food poisoning...

I'm curious about this.  I was down the street in Avondale at a record store show.  I wanted to go to this, but I was scared off because I didn't really want to stand behind the gold circle picnic area closest to the stage.  Hopefully there'll be a Tweedy or Wilco show at a regular venue before long.

I guess I'm not a fan of what Decatur has become.

Wilcoworld currently has the following listed as the setlist for this show, which seems awfully short even for a festival set under the effects of a bad case of food poisoning. Also, it seems a little odd to me that he wouldn't have played a single thing off Warm (or Warmer, which had just come out that day). And also a friend of mine just confirmed that he "definitely, 100 percent," played Don't Forget because it made her think of her dad.

So I would say this setlist is incomplete at best...

New Madrid

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Heavy Metal Drummer

California Stars

Passenger Side

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Misunderstood

Wilcoworld currently has the following listed as the setlist for this show, which seems awfully short even for a festival set under the effects of a bad case of food poisoning. Also, it seems a little odd to me that he wouldn't have played a single thing off Warm (or Warmer, which had just come out that day). And also a friend of mine just confirmed that he "definitely, 100 percent," played Don't Forget because it made her think of her dad.

New Madrid

Heavy Metal Drummer

California Stars

Passenger Side

Misunderstood

Damn, food poisoning is no joke.  Any of the times I've had it, there's no way I could have performed music or even left the house, so huge props to Jeff for giving what he could.

Damn, food poisoning is no joke. Any of the times I've had it, there's no way I could have performed music or even left the house, so huge props to Jeff for giving what he could.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t have said “awfully short.” I meant a bit short. More telling was the (alleged) lack of any Warm or Warmer songs. But yeah, it’s a testament to Jeff that he was able to go on at all.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t have said “awfully short.” I meant a bit short. More telling was the (alleged) lack of any Warm or Warmer songs. But yeah, it’s a testament to Jeff that he was able to go on at all.

I'm sure everyone here knew you didn't mean it in a bad way.  

that set list is incomplete....   Wilcoworld.net will update it soon ! Jeff actually played a  normal show time. 

New Madrid

Heavy Metal Drummer

California Stars

Passenger Side

Misunderstood

that setlist is incomplete - a mistake -- Jeff powered thru not feeling well and did a full set 

I was there and if he hadn't joked about how sick he had been all day, only the closest of Tweedy followers would have noticed.

His voice was great, his banter even more hilarious than usual, and he was note-perfect on guitar.

His slot began at 7:30 and Mavis was to perform at 9:15. If I recall correctly, he played almost 90 minutes (Mavis actually walked by us through the crowd while he was still onstage. I got the impression that Jeff had played over his allotted time.

All in all, a great mini-show!